v Burton Albion (A) Match Thread

Kernow

I pray to god we start to find some form and Burton would be a good place to start.

If after 5 minutes there’s still a 20 yard gap between each of the centre backs, no midfielder screening them and both wing backs in the opponents half, it’ll be safe to assume we’re in for more of the same.

Only wish I was born in Nottingham so I’d have more fingers to cross. 

this is a very big game in our modern history

whilst Warne may not lose his job with a defeat the atmosphere around the club will really begin to change for the worst 

we as a club need a big lift after the overwhelming summer we have had and the poor end to last season

10 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Seeing as the performances have been so bad, don’t suppose anyone’s selling 2 tickets for this are they?! 🤣

I have, bought 2 in the Burton end last week and have just got two more in the Derby end after being on the waiting list so available if you want them at face value. 

18 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Got tickets for the game but I can’t believe how many Rams fans are worrying about Teeny Tiny Burton with their pound shop budget and 3,000 fans. We are Massive , that should mean a good hammering for the Brewers.

Just remember,  we haven't won at the pirelli in the league!!!

I'm sure a win will make everyone just settle down a bit and feel better about the season.

We've had bad starts and been fine before and had good starts that went to pieces plenty.

But I'd really like us to beat Burton. Like properly destroy them. Too long have they been failing to be the "aw, isn't that sweet" little item on radio Derby when they're just about finished talking about the rams.

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Got tickets for the game but I can’t believe how many Rams fans are worrying about Teeny Tiny Burton with their pound shop budget and 3,000 fans. We are Massive , that should mean a good hammering for the Brewers.

This will be our 7th attempt I think in a league game and so far we have managed a late 1-0 win and a penalty 1-0 win over them games at home whilst away last season was our best with a 1-1 - A hammering is what we are afraid of.

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Burton Albion fans seem fairly unanimous in that they have a better side than us, had it not been for their injuries I would imagine many would be expecting a fairly comprehensive win on their side. 

Wonder if Stockton will be fit 

Looks terrible if he drops Bradley.  He was brought in to help us "man up" in exactly these kind of games where we dropped points last season.  Think we should just set up to protect the draw and more often than not our quality will earn us the three points.  An away draw to a team that is likely to finish mid-table isn't a terrible result and a safety first approach after the defensive errors in our first two games seems sensible.  Not Warnes style though is it?