Is Warne living on borrowed time?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Yes it does. Just as you can't prove players haven't come to us because of him, which would serve your narrative. 😄

Next you'll be saying it's okay we only wanted a small squad anyway.

Two of my previous posts which you conveniently chose to omit in your last reply said that I don't know anymore than the next person whether Warne hasn't been turned down by x players because he doesn't have the necessary draw in the same way that it also can't be proved that we were ever in for them in the first place.

But regularly you and other posters persist in projecting your opinion that the reason our transfer window has in your opinion has been so poor this summer must be down to Warne as a person. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Two of my previous posts which you conveniently chose to omit in your last reply said that I don't know anymore than the next person whether Warne hasn't been turned down by x players because he doesn't have the necessary draw in the same way that it also can't be proved that we were ever in for them in the first place.

But regularly you and other posters persist in projecting your opinion that the reason our transfer window has in your opinion has been so poor this summer must be down to Warne as a person. 

Yep.

But you've not been able to convince me otherwise. I'm quite willing to change my viewpoint. Go ahead convince me it's not to do with Warne. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yep.

But you've not been able to convince me otherwise. I'm quite willing to change my viewpoint. Go ahead convince me it's not to do with Warne. 

Again that was my point Roy.

Some folks have their own narrative which they seem intent on sticking to. 

Which is their prerogative.

But when inferences or supposition is touted as fact then that's something completely different. 

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Or explaining the same point with better clarity having had time to think? He said nothing different he just said it more thoughtfully and eloquently. 

I struggled with his interview on Tuesday I have to say, it was clumsy but it was Warne being Warne and I think saying (as some are) it’s throwing individuals under a bus is actually incorrect.

He’s given some people ammunition to use against him but I think those that continue to use it after today don’t want him here anyway and are looking for another angle to fuel their narrative. 

You think he's clarified,  I think he's backtracked.  If he meant what he said he meant today then he expressed himself very poorly on Tuesday.  

Either way I agree with you in that it's done and we should all just move on.  I like having a manager that has got plenty to say.  I just think he drops the odd clanger from time to time.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Again that was my point Roy.

Some folks have their own narrative which they seem intent on sticking to. 

Which is their prerogative.

But when inferences or supposition is touted as fact then that's something completely different. 

You seem to ignore the fact that you cannot prove your narrative either. 

This is mostly a football gossip forum, this particular thread asking is Warne on borrowed time. It seems reasonable giving that theme to suggest that our recruitment is struggling owing to some players not wanting to be hassled on Whatsapp, given a mug with their face on, play hopscotch around a plastic floor badge or spill their personal problems to all and sundry?

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

So who’s to blame if we fall short? God?

The Japanese have a saying - fix the problem not the blame.

Why are we intent on apportioning a scapegoat rather than focusing our efforts on solving the problem.

The problem here seems to be that we can't attract the calibre of players we want to a L1 club with a minimal transfer budget. 

How do we fix that. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

You seem to ignore the fact that you cannot prove your narrative either. 

This is mostly a football gossip forum, this particular thread asking is Warne on borrowed time. It seems reasonable giving that theme to suggest that our recruitment is struggling owing to some players not wanting to be hassled on Whatsapp, given a mug with their face on, play hopscotch around a plastic floor badge or spill their personal problems to all and sundry?

You've redacted the part where I said that which I find utterly bizarre 😅 

Am assuming that this is now at the stage where if you can't win an argument then try to muddy it's context instead. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

You've redacted the part where I said that which I find utterly bizarre 😅 

Am assuming that this is now at the stage where if you can't win an argument then try to muddy it's context instead. 

Nope. I'm not trying to win an argument I'm saying you can't win it either. It's a draw.

As for this

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why are we intent on apportioning a scapegoat rather than focusing our efforts on solving the problem.

The problem here seems to be that we can't attract the calibre of players we want to a L1 club with a minimal transfer budget. 

How do we fix that. 

What if the problem is Warne? 😄

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope. I'm not trying to win an argument I'm saying you can't win it either. It's a draw.

As for this

What if the problem is Warne? 😄

Yes agreed so we set up a hypothetical experiment in a parallel universe where we give Warne an unlimited pot of money and then see what players he is able to attract to the club and as a benchmark use another manager with the same amount of money in the same league to draw a relative comparison.

Returning to reality is never going to happen.

Got to remember that it's not Warne negotiating contracts and stuff, although he might have targets he asks them to make sure he signs as a priority. 

Could it be that the recruitment team have misjudged things and ended up overpaying for those early transfers, and now the space we have left in the budget is just too low to afford the players we wanted in other areas? It was reported that Bradley had interest higher up still. Early signs are that he could prove an expensive mistake.

I just can't escape the feeling that the demand for the players needed to suit the wing back system has possibly come at the cost of being able to bring in what we need in the middle / in attack, that if we'd signed one of Bradley or Nelson for a back 4 we wouldn't be stuck scrabbling around for the right midfielder/striker and things would feel far more balanced 

Edited by Kokosnuss

31 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe I will but, it may surprise you, I do find some of your posts interesting. If you scroll back you’ll even find I’ve liked some.

I just wanted to show that my stupid comments weren't the only stupid comments in town. In this case stupidity loves company! 😄

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

How do we fix that. 

Sign players who may not be nice guys and might swag walk into training listening to 50 Cent booming out the Mclaren but can score and have the right attributes e.g pace, touch and athleticism but caveat that by warning no bull will be tolerated. 

Sign players with bags of pace and athleticism and maybe only average skill level and young and unproven but with the potential to be very effective like an Osula type.

Basically don't be as picky with all this bollocking about being nice guys and being able to play pressing football,  if we can afford much being picky and snobbish in some regards based off his previous interviews will not help. We don't want bad eggs but better to risk I on that type of player like a Collymoore than some sh*tter from Rotherham or some 32 year old Clogger.