Paul Warne on Sportscene for full hour 1st August

Srg

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Does along with others mean current squad members or along with others mean trialists Roy? Haven’t had chance to listen to Warne yet

He didn't mention any trialists nor who it was against. Just a few players, particularly someone (mentioned in this thread but whose name I've forgotten 😄 Wash? ) who scored a hat-trick. Thought he was joking but perhaps not.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He didn't mention any trialists nor who it was against. Just a few players, particularly someone (mentioned in this thread but whose name I've forgotten 😄 Wash? ) who scored a hat-trick. Thought he was joking but perhaps not.

It was Washington, it was against Derby Ladies, a hard fought draw.

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

Possibly a controversial opinion here - I find him annoying.

Takes him 5 minutes to get to any sort of point and has to get a few jokes and anecdotes in along the way.

Nothing about the interview was particularly enlightening either.

Plenty agree with that assessment and also find him annoying. It’s not controversial, people don’t have to like the guy’s personality. Weirdly I don’t mind it 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I can’t see why anyone wouldn’t like him personally. 

I can. I get why some don’t. I’m just not one of them, I find his approach refreshing. For me he talks about the right things in terms of culture and character, especially if you’re looking to drive standards and create a high performing team/organisation. 
Just hope he’s learned lessons from last season about managing the squad and his in-game management of tactics. My biggest frustrations with last season were the timing of substitutions and seemingly the inability to adapt to tactical tweaks by the opposition. I’m hoping the better depth and balance he’s aiming for with the squad now will help avoid that. If he manages those things and gets us at the top end of the table I can deal with his cheesy humour no end.

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I can. I get why some don’t. I’m just not one of them, I find his approach refreshing. For me he talks about the right things in terms of culture and character, especially if you’re looking to drive standards and create a high performing team/organisation. 
Just hope he’s learned lessons from last season about managing the squad and his in-game management of tactics. My biggest frustrations with last season were the timing of substitutions and seemingly the inability to adapt to tactical tweaks by the opposition. I’m hoping the better depth and balance he’s aiming for with the squad now will help avoid that. If he manages those things and gets us at the top end of the table I can deal with his cheesy humour no end.

I find him pretty likeable, but can imagine it getting very annoying if we’re struggling. 

was a bit in the middle to him last season, some positives but some quite fixable negatives. Not sure we’ve addressed them.

needs a good season.