Twitter Rebrand to 𝕏

Day

On 16/09/2023 at 17:21, Stive Pesley said:

Interesting to Musk coming out to defend Russell Brand before it's even been revealed exactly what he's accused ofΒ πŸ€”

It’s more alarming that you and many others Β think Russell Brand is guilty and needs to prove his innocence without a fair trial.Β 

Β 

Edited by cstand

Just now, cstand said:

It’s more alarming that you and many others Β think Russell Brand is guilty and needs to prove his innocence.Β 
Β 

Well it's been a month, has he proved his innocence yet? Its not about thinking he's guilty, but about believing the victims of abuse. If it was your daughter would you be so blase about it?

26 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Well it's been a month, has he proved his innocence yet? Its not about thinking he's guilty, but about believing the victims of abuse. If it was your daughter would you be so blase about it?

Don’t be so ridiculous innocent until proven guilty is the cornerstone of our democracy anything else means we are just a hate filled mob.

You have no right to mention my family in posts on this forum when they have no opportunity to reply themselves it’s just a cheap nasty reply to try to justify your unjustified standpoint of guilty until proven innocent.

Β 

Β 

Edited by cstand

4 minutes ago, cstand said:

Don’t be so ridiculous innocent until proven guilty is the cornerstone of our democracy anything else means we are just a hate filled mob.

You have no right to mention my family in posts on this forum when they have no opportunity to reply themselves it’s just a cheap nasty reply to try to justify your unjustified standpoint of guilty until proven innocent.

Β 

It was a hypothetical. I don’t think he knows whether you have a daughter or notΒ πŸ˜‚

19 minutes ago, Srg said:

It was a hypothetical. I don’t think he knows whether you have a daughter or notΒ πŸ˜‚

It’s just a nasty cheap reply to justify guilty until proven innocent.

Which do you believe in guilty as charged burn them at stake?
Β 

Edited by cstand

7 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

He certainly is. I never said he is guilty. I just said that we should believe victims of abuseΒ 

Some people would have been defending Jimmy Savile too

Β 

You are contradicting yourself if you believe the alleged victims are telling the truth then you must think Brand is guilty.Β 
Β 

I am not defending Brand I just want a proper investigation by the police with no distractions.Β 

Β https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/commentary-and-opinion/the-dangers-of-trial-by-social-media/5111441.article

I know two people who have been falsely accused of rape both incidents were thoroughly investigated by the police.Β 

On both occasions the alleged victims eventually admitted they had lied to the police.

My own daughter has been in a controlling abusive relationship for two years with some bone idle work-shy worthless oxygen thief, which also included some sexual abuse.
Β 

I repeatedly asked my daughter to report him to the police but she refused but I also asked her not to make any false allegations as well.

Let the police do their job I would hate to see anyone get away with a crime they have committed on a technicality just because some rich lawyer could prove he would not receive a fair trial.Β 

10 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

OK then

I am also not going to throw Brand or anyone else under a bus either especially when there has been no arrest or charges.

In Northern Ireland the law has been changed so you cannot name the alleged perpetrator until they have been charged with the alleged offence.Β 

Also been changed that no general public can attend the court hearing to help the alleged victim as well.Β 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-66942145.amp

Edited by cstand

I understand the desire to retain eyes on as it pays the bills.Β 

The thing is, it's a social media platform, what made it popular was the sharing of content, you would always return to Twitter after.

He's now pushing for full articles to be published on his platform, however no journalist will quit their jobs to somewhere with no base rate of pay, where you're reliant on ad view money and a controlled algorithm that can change with his next policy change brain fart to get your content out there.

For such a rich man, far richer than I will ever be even in a Carl Sagan live forever world, however his logic in decision making is so flawed in every step it's staggering.Β 

55 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

https://www.theregister.com/2023/10/18/cia_x_url_bug/

Another win for Xwitter eh? This time - shortening links to other sites in bios opened the door for a hacking opportunity

I guess if you sack your testing team, and anyone else who may have some actual foresight into impacting changes...

It's only the CIA account Stive, what could possibly go wrong?Β πŸ˜‚

5 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

https://www.theregister.com/2023/10/18/cia_x_url_bug/

Another win for Xwitter eh? This time - shortening links to other sites in bios opened the door for a hacking opportunity

I guess if you sack your testing team, and anyone else who may have some actual foresight into impacting changes...

I well remember the company my son worked for (who shall remain nameless) getting into financial trouble 20 years ago (huge overheads, posh site etc). Their solution was to sack all the development and maintenance staff (without paying redundancy pay) yet keeping on the sales staff.

Three months later, they went to the wall - the final straw being litigation by the sacked individuals. The company basically only had one tangible asset - the maintenance contracts, but of course nobody to fulfil those contracts. The sacked personnel rapidly formed a new company and promptly picked up those contracts. This by now far leaner organisation with everyone WFH (who likewise shall remain nameless) are still going strong two decades later.

Edited by Eddie

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2023 at 13:59, David said:

Watched a bit of his latest appearance on The Joe Rogan Experience last night, even Elon himself was calling it "X fk Twitter"

The story of x.com is quite interesting. He's paid a lot of money for the specific domain name twice, and seems obsessed with it yet incapable of realising that it really doesn't work as a domain name at all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X.com_(bank)