Twitter Rebrand to 𝕏

Day

12 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Have you watched it? It sounded very dull in the Guardian article I read, but obviously they are legacy media liars so would say that.

Yes I watched every minute. If you have a weak attention span and little interest in the subject then it might seem boring, but it could never be as boring or pointless as an article in the Guardian. The first half hour or so is almost a monologue on the history of Russia and why that history is relevant now. Some would find that tedious especially if they have never had experience of listening to talks or lectures.

13 hours ago, David said:

Just out of interest, proved everyone wrong in what way exactly?Β 

@cstandis right about all the Tesla shorters. They lost a lot of money. And here's a piece saying the Model Y would fail when it's now the world's bestselling car:

Without Musk, we would not have electric cars and a future of sustainable transport. The whole idea was continually dismissed by traditional manufacturers. Tesla was only started to try to push them towards electric vehicles, but they refused, even when Tesla made its patents available for free, so Musk had to do it himself. The world should be grateful.

In the context of space, there was huge vitriol from the traditional space community that SpaceX had been awarded a human spaceflight contract by NASA, with Boeing demanding they be given all the money for this. Today, SpaceX brought four more astronauts back to Earth from the space station. Boeing hasn't managed to take anyone on its unsafe competitor yet. The then world's richest man Jeff Bezos founded his space company before SpaceX, but has never managed to launch a single thing to orbit. Almost everyone laughed at Musk for attempting what he has, but SpaceX is now clearly 10 years ahead and innovating faster.

You say, David, you wish Musk stuck to cars and rockets. But Musk thinks very deeply about the future of our species. And his contention for us to survive and thrive is that we need sustainability on Earth, a vibrant space culture, and also the ability for the free exchange of ideas as a society. Hence buying Twitter. It is the increased connectivity of humanity that has led to Human progress, and he is trying to protect that. I see very little difference between old twitter and new twitter, expect people who the establishment wanted silenced are no longer silenced. There are still the amazing scientific and intellectual threads on Twitter, and without it as a platform much would be censored. As I said, it's not perfect, but Musk is held to different standards to other people, and is doing OK with it, while also having to run Tesla and SpaceX. Not bad overall.

27 minutes ago, Normanton Lad said:

Yes I watched every minute. If you have a weak attention span and little interest in the subject then it might seem boring, but it could never be as boring or pointless as an article in the Guardian. The first half hour or so is almost a monologue on the history of Russia and why that history is relevant now. Some would find that tedious especially if they have never had experience of listening to talks or lectures.

Yeah, you got me bro. I find tik tok videos too long to bother with. Perhaps you knew nothing of Russian history beforehand so found it very enlightening?

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

@cstandis right about all the Tesla shorters. They lost a lot of money. And here's a piece saying the Model Y would fail when it's now the world's bestselling car:

Without Musk, we would not have electric cars and a future of sustainable transport. The whole idea was continually dismissed by traditional manufacturers. Tesla was only started to try to push them towards electric vehicles, but they refused, even when Tesla made its patents available for free, so Musk had to do it himself. The world should be grateful.

In the context of space, there was huge vitriol from the traditional space community that SpaceX had been awarded a human spaceflight contract by NASA, with Boeing demanding they be given all the money for this. Today, SpaceX brought four more astronauts back to Earth from the space station. Boeing hasn't managed to take anyone on its unsafe competitor yet. The then world's richest man Jeff Bezos founded his space company before SpaceX, but has never managed to launch a single thing to orbit. Almost everyone laughed at Musk for attempting what he has, but SpaceX is now clearly 10 years ahead and innovating faster.

You say, David, you wish Musk stuck to cars and rockets. But Musk thinks very deeply about the future of our species. And his contention for us to survive and thrive is that we need sustainability on Earth, a vibrant space culture, and also the ability for the free exchange of ideas as a society. Hence buying Twitter. It is the increased connectivity of humanity that has led to Human progress, and he is trying to protect that. I see very little difference between old twitter and new twitter, expect people who the establishment wanted silenced are no longer silenced. There are still the amazing scientific and intellectual threads on Twitter, and without it as a platform much would be censored. As I said, it's not perfect, but Musk is held to different standards to other people, and is doing OK with it, while also having to run Tesla and SpaceX. Not bad overall.

Forget the cars and rockets, I have no interest in them at all, not sure how you can’t see the difference between old twitter and new twitter, how?

- The awful X branding, which he took from one night out of the replies to a tweet he made. The same X he tried with PayPal and failed.

- The twitter domain is hardcoded into the site where he can’t even change it, might have been a better chance had he not sacked off all the lead engineers.

- Verification system gone. It was flawed, yet the idea was sound and most cases worked. Now it’s a paid system.

- Paid subscribers replies are now boosted to the top, many of them spammy or Elon’s followers. Pay to be seen is the biggest change that’s destroyed the platform.

- Limited number of posts for non subscribers, DM limits.

- The For You feed is full of Elon and his followers like DogeDesigner that appear to do nothing more than spend their day fluffing his ego.

- Ads are all drop shipping sites now, repetitive.

- Have I mentioned that god damn awful X branding?Β 

I have no real problem with bringing his version of free speech to the platform, releasing the likes of Trump, KT Hopkins, Tommy Robinson and allowing Joey Barton to make a fool of himself. Go for it.

When I say he’s destroyed it, I’m referring to the points above, which I’m not sure you could argue against, yet you will because it’s Elon.

As I said previously, I had no prior interest in Elon, non whatsoever, so this isn’t some historical hatred that has expanded into X.

I’m a simple man, used Twitter for football and news away from politics. It was by far the greatest platform on the internet. Now it’s just destroyed in my personal opinion and I’m pissed because there is no real alternative out there so I find myself having to check several websites more often and don’t get the same interactions.

Β 

51 minutes ago, Normanton Lad said:

It's "interesting" if you want to listen to a ruthless Dictator read the modern Russian equivalent of "Mein Kampf" without interruption or challenge by the sock-puppet who's supposed to be interviewing him, but some of us have heard it all before.

52 minutes ago, Normanton Lad said:

Except it wasn't even a remotely accurate history of Russia.Β  Just Russian history as Putin would like it to be.Β Β 

I just finished the Putin interview.Β 

It's as expected. His contempt for an independent Ukraine is obvious. The first hour is hushed Imperial claims and I'm not sure what else you could pass it off as. Why else give the history lesson. Still think it's worth listening to so you can make up your mind whether you're listening to a man freeing the world of Nazi collaborators or a man trying to piece together an empire.Β 

I mean it's just the other side of the coin. It's not a lie. It's his truth. As America peddles their truth. Convenient historical facts. Convenient omissions.Β 

There has been a squeeze on Russia. There's bots that peddle the idea that America blesses us all with freedom and democracy but come on. Give it up.Β 

It's hard to pick which Imperialistic BS takes the moral high ground so I'm going to say neither. We all want peace. That's why we have the tanks, the missiles and jets and 100,000 troops in your gardenΒ 

I think International Law is like VAR. Nice idea but you only really want to acknowledge it when it's working for you.Β 

Β 

36 minutes ago, Alph said:

It's as expected. His contempt for an independent Ukraine is obvious. The first hour is hushed Imperial claimsΒ 

I mean it's just the other side of the coin. It's not a lie. It's his truth. As America peddles their truth. Convenient historical facts. Convenient omissions.

Finally. Someone says it. I don't care if it's Tucker Carlson, Jeremy Corbyn or James Collins doing the interview. Why would you not want to listen to his uninterrupted version?

Sure, it might not be new to people who have followed the war closely, but for those that haven't, the platform has been provided, for whatever reasons, a two hour interview with a man you can't usually sit in the same room as unless there is a 200ft table between you.

58 minutes ago, Normanton Lad said:

There are always those who tell you that you are wrong and stupid
Β 

You mean like this....

3 hours ago, Normanton Lad said:

If you have a weak attention span and little interest in the subject then it might seem boring

Thanks for dropping by.

1 hour ago, Alph said:

It's as expected. His contempt for an independent Ukraine is obvious. The first hour is hushed Imperial claims and I'm not sure what else you could pass it off as. Why else give the history lesson. Still think it's worth listening to so you can make up your mind whether you're listening to a man freeing the world of Nazi collaborators or a man trying to piece together an empire.Β 

I mean it's just the other side of the coin. It's not a lie. It's his truth. As America peddles their truth. Convenient historical facts. Convenient omissions.Β 

There has been a squeeze on Russia. There's bots that peddle the idea that America blesses us all with freedom and democracy but come on. Give it up.Β 

It's hard to pick which Imperialistic BS takes the moral high ground so I'm going to say neither. We all want peace. That's why we have the tanks, the missiles and jets and 100,000 troops in your gardenΒ 

I think International Law is like VAR. Nice idea but you only really want to acknowledge it when it's working for you.Β 

Β 

Out there in the internet cesspits, if you’re not Pro Putin, you’re Pro America.

Neither and somewhere in the middle for me is the right place to kick back and set out my deckchair.

Imagine if all the money spent fighting wars globally was put to better use, what a world we would live in.

4 hours ago, David said:

Out there in the internet cesspits, if you’re not Pro Putin, you’re Pro America.

Neither and somewhere in the middle for me is the right place to kick back and set out my deckchair.

Imagine if all the money spent fighting wars globally was put to better use, what a world we would live in.

A world with unicorns and mermaids?

16 hours ago, Alph said:

Β 

Fair

16 hours ago, David said:

Forget the cars and rockets, I have no interest in them at all, not sure how you can’t see the difference between old twitter and new twitter, how?

- The awful X branding, which he took from one night out of the replies to a tweet he made. The same X he tried with PayPal and failed.

- The twitter domain is hardcoded into the site where he can’t even change it, might have been a better chance had he not sacked off all the lead engineers.

- Verification system gone. It was flawed, yet the idea was sound and most cases worked. Now it’s a paid system.

- Paid subscribers replies are now boosted to the top, many of them spammy or Elon’s followers. Pay to be seen is the biggest change that’s destroyed the platform.

- Limited number of posts for non subscribers, DM limits.

- The For You feed is full of Elon and his followers like DogeDesigner that appear to do nothing more than spend their day fluffing his ego.

- Ads are all drop shipping sites now, repetitive.

- Have I mentioned that god damn awful X branding?Β 

I have no real problem with bringing his version of free speech to the platform, releasing the likes of Trump, KT Hopkins, Tommy Robinson and allowing Joey Barton to make a fool of himself. Go for it.

When I say he’s destroyed it, I’m referring to the points above, which I’m not sure you could argue against, yet you will because it’s Elon.

As I said previously, I had no prior interest in Elon, non whatsoever, so this isn’t some historical hatred that has expanded into X.

I’m a simple man, used Twitter for football and news away from politics. It was by far the greatest platform on the internet. Now it’s just destroyed in my personal opinion and I’m pissed because there is no real alternative out there so I find myself having to check several websites more often and don’t get the same interactions.

On branding I always thought Twitter and tweeting was real cringe worthy along the lines of boaty mc boatface,Β 

Having sat through about 20 minutes of the puerile tripe "Eastern Europe according to the mind of Vladimir Putin" (honestly, I couldn't take any more),Β  it contains as much sense as was written on the side of a bus in 2016 - and judging by the comments on here and elsewhere, it seems to appeal to the same target audience.

Saw all the memes going around and had to watch, like you I lasted maybe 20 minutes and I have to give him credit.

Whilst I don't know if anything is factually true, or just his truth as @AlphΒ said, that history lesson being reeled off from his own memory when you have Biden on the other side that on some days can't remember his own name, is impressive for a 71 year old.

Haven't got the energy to sit through the rest to see if Tucker is actually allowed to ask a question or it's just a 2 hour speech.

I will maintain my belief that Russia bad, US bad, UK bad and question why they can't settle their beef with each other like real men bare knuckle in a ring, not ordering others to drop bombs killing innocent people.Β 

Nothing Putin can say will ever justify what's taking place in Ukraine now, regardless of history, border lines, governments, the murdering of innocent families can never be the only solution.

Anyhow, boring myself saying this now, my opinion matters not, these "leaders" will continue to be cowards until the day they die.Β