Supporters Board

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ram in a circle won't be discussed with the SB as it isn't a "significant" change.

Hmmm.  In all seriousness, I'm not certain many would agree with that.

Either option...
brand.gif?itok=CdMZ2JxF  or 237257a14078d13c88961b2b9258d97e.jpg would be a "significant change" from the much loved stand alone 1200px-Derby_County_crest.svg.png  to some... maybe to many?

As would the various banners and inscriptions that have been tried over recent decades...

derby-county-fc-logo-png-transparent.png  Derby-County-FC-1946-1968-1.png?resize=186,200&ssl=1  Derby-County-FC-1968-1971-1.jpg?resize=242,200&ssl=1  99e79996c3cd1c49b787bf524a164d22.jpg  to depict a few!  

Even keeping the identical Ram, then turning it around to face the other way proved to be quite upsetting to some, back in the day!

I "think" I'm on the fence on this, and wasn't particularly affected by the encircled Ram (In black or gold).  In fact I vaguely recall having the monochrome version as a forum avatar for a while?  Some of those older ones I'm not so keen on!  Maybe more acceptable to the next generation up (70 year olds)?    🤷‍♂️

🐏🍻 

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Hmmm.  In all seriousness, I'm not certain many would agree with that.

Either option...
brand.gif?itok=CdMZ2JxF  or 237257a14078d13c88961b2b9258d97e.jpg would be a "significant change" from the much loved stand alone 1200px-Derby_County_crest.svg.png  to some... maybe to many?

As would the various banners and inscriptions that have been tried over recent decades...

derby-county-fc-logo-png-transparent.png  Derby-County-FC-1946-1968-1.png?resize=186,200&ssl=1  Derby-County-FC-1968-1971-1.jpg?resize=242,200&ssl=1  99e79996c3cd1c49b787bf524a164d22.jpg  to depict a few!  

Even keeping the identical Ram, then turning it around to face the other way proved to be quite upsetting to some, back in the day!

I "think" I'm on the fence on this, and wasn't particularly affected by the encircled Ram (In black or gold).  In fact I vaguely recall having the monochrome version as a forum avatar for a while?  Some of those older ones I'm not so keen on!  Maybe more acceptable to the next generation up (70 year olds)?    🤷‍♂️

🐏🍻 

Stand alone Ram and stand alone Rams head always been my favs 

Thanks for the comments so far. I agree with @Animal is a Ram that people do need to fill in the official feedback email and it WILL be listened to. 

The Club has worked very closely with the existing SCG members as a starting point for this consultation. But they are very open to listening to ALL views.

RamsTrust of course have been part of those discussions but they are just one of about twelve member organisations on there.

RamsTrust has been named as one of the possible founder members as we are one of the registered Supporter Trusts with the Football Supporters Association,  and have been named in the White Paper. We of course support the plans - improving supporter representation in the governance of the Club is the primary aim within our constitution after all. 

We have tried since this process started to be as open and honest with supporters as we can and have fully supported the continuation of the Supporters Charter Group to sit alongside the SB.

There would be five other individuals on there initially as recommended by the FSA but this could change. I could think of several people from this messageboard alone who would be well qualified to take up the role - all I will say is if you think you might be interested, start thinking about it! 

I know some of you are very suspicious of RamsTrust based on previous experience, I'm sorry about this, but I hope you will recognise we are changing.

Anyway, here is the RamsTrust take on today's news from our Chair, Hilary Leam. 

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/derby-county-announces-supporters-board/

What a difference a year makes eh? Up until the end of June, we were not only faced with the potential collapse of Derby County but worse still, there was nothing that we as fans could do about it. We were totally dependant on a benevolent millionaire deciding to overpay for us & miraculously after months of desperation & with time running out, we found one - sat in our very own North Stand.

I think its fair to say we could never hope to be that lucky again & David Clowes is quite right when he says measures have to put in place to stop Derby going to the wire like that again. Today was a massive step in that direction & it again shows the calibre of the man that he is putting the long-term future of the club before any personal self-interest.

Obviously there is a fair amount of detail in the proposals & the structure may raise eyebrows but the main headlines really are a) a fan veto over the sale of Pride Park & b) access to regular financial information. Those two elements alone would have stopped the previous regime going as far down the road as they did & allied with the imminent introduction of an independent regulator, gives this Shadow Board real teeth in the future. Remember, this isn't about holding David Clowes to account - its about his successors as club owners, the future Mel Morris & the future three Amigos. We never know how owners can turn out - safe to say no-one in 2015 would have predicted 2021/22.

I totally echo @angieram comments - there are a number of posters on here who would be brilliant as elected members to the Shadow Board. Leave aside any personal distaste for other groups on the Shadow Board, this is your opportunity to help with the future stewardship of this great football club - something that would have been unthinkable 15 months ago.

I urge anyone remoted interested in the future strategic direction of the club to send constructive feedback to DCFC before the deadline 👍🐏

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

…..

I totally echo @angieram comments - there are a number of posters on here who would be brilliant as elected members to the Shadow Board. Leave aside any personal distaste for other groups on the Shadow Board, this is your opportunity to help with the future stewardship of this great football club - something that would have been unthinkable 15 months ago.

I urge anyone remoted interested in the future strategic direction of the club to send constructive feedback to DCFC before the deadline 👍🐏

Great overall post, which I nearly missed as you didn’t tag @i-Ram on it. I agree that I would undoubtedly be brilliant as an elected member, and have today bought 2 new 3-seater sofas so the rest of the board can sit comfortably next to me.

35 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Great overall post, which I nearly missed as you didn’t tag @i-Ram on it. I agree that I would undoubtedly be brilliant as an elected member, and have today bought 2 new 3-seater sofas so the rest of the board can sit comfortably next to me.

Recliners built in? We'll have a flood of applicants. Whilst I obviously agree with your candidature, I didnt want to embarrass anyone by tagging them..I know you're a humble sort by nature 😉

On 12/07/2023 at 20:24, winktheram said:

Agree, the circle s**** to suit Adidas is horrendous with the tiny weeny ram in the middle. Has to be standalone.

Absolutely. The Ram needs nothing else. It doesn't need DCFC or Derby County FC underneath or around it. Just the Ram. Every football fan in the country knows its Derby's badge.

As soon as the phrase ‘we can’t share all points discussed’ crops up it fails to feel right to me. If this is to be about fans then there should be nothing discussed with them that can’t be published for all fans to be informed. 

On 12/07/2023 at 21:57, i-Ram said:

Too much twitching unfortunately. Other than that, you have my vote.

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

As soon as the phrase ‘we can’t share all points discussed’ crops up it fails to feel right to me. If this is to be about fans then there should be nothing discussed with them that can’t be published for all fans to be informed. 

The SB is there to safeguard important parts of the club. There can be instances where it's in the best interests of the fanbase for those select few to know about something happening and be able to prevent it going through, without it becoming public knowledge.

One instance may be financial, where further details than just the accounts are required to know if we're at risk of failing P&S or not. Whilst the SB will be able to step in and discuss the plan to avoid failing, it is definitely not something you want to be made public, so other clubs don't know that you're desperate to sell to get back on track. However, something like a stadium sale to get back on track should be public due to the severity of impact.

On 12/07/2023 at 20:49, LeedsCityRam said:

Remember, this isn't about holding David Clowes to account - its about his successors as club owners, the future Mel Morris & the future three Amigos. We never know how owners can turn out - safe to say no-one in 2015 would have predicted 2021/22.

I really liked this post, very well put. But isn’t it remarkable that you, like probably 99% of the fan base, have implicit trust in David Clowes? I put myself firmly in that boat, by the way- the manner in which he has gone about things has utterly convinced me of his good intentions and sound decision making. Did we feel that way about Mel Morris one year into his tenure?

I’m not for a second comparing the two, really I’m not. I believe that in 25-30 years time, we’ll look back at this ownership period with a sense of “thank goodness for Clowes”, regardless of whether we get promoted or not. I can’t say we’ll ever feel the same about Morris.  I’m just saying that the supporter board will also protect the club and give the fans a say in times of strong ownership too.

3 hours ago, Sussex Ram said:

I really liked this post, very well put. But isn’t it remarkable that you, like probably 99% of the fan base, have implicit trust in David Clowes? I put myself firmly in that boat, by the way- the manner in which he has gone about things has utterly convinced me of his good intentions and sound decision making. Did we feel that way about Mel Morris one year into his tenure?

I’m not for a second comparing the two, really I’m not. I believe that in 25-30 years time, we’ll look back at this ownership period with a sense of “thank goodness for Clowes”, regardless of whether we get promoted or not. I can’t say we’ll ever feel the same about Morris.  I’m just saying that the supporter board will also protect the club and give the fans a say in times of strong ownership too.

That's spot on. The fact that David Clowes has backed this all the way is a sign of his quality, but his ownership will be scrutinised in exactly the same way as any owner. There will be a clear constitution if it goes ahead based on recommendations from the Football Supporters Association,  a well-respected national body. 

The Supporters Board won't be a glamour gig, it's not about getting close to or cosying up to anyone. 

It will often be routine, heavy in paperwork and light on excitement.

Of the two, I'd say the Supporters Charter Group is the more glamorous gig!

Whether you're in any of the supporters' groups or whether you're an individual who cares about how the Club is run, there's are real opportunities to get involved. 

On 14/07/2023 at 13:41, Sussex Ram said:

Good post and so true, thank god for David Clowes. 

For me and many more Rams fans, A Mel Morris situation can never happen again, the name of that bloke makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan