Supporters Board

On 14/07/2023 at 06:41, Sussex Ram said:

I really liked this post, very well put. But isn’t it remarkable that you, like probably 99% of the fan base, have implicit trust in David Clowes? I put myself firmly in that boat, by the way- the manner in which he has gone about things has utterly convinced me of his good intentions and sound decision making. Did we feel that way about Mel Morris one year into his tenure?

I’m not for a second comparing the two, really I’m not. I believe that in 25-30 years time, we’ll look back at this ownership period with a sense of “thank goodness for Clowes”, regardless of whether we get promoted or not. I can’t say we’ll ever feel the same about Morris.  I’m just saying that the supporter board will also protect the club and give the fans a say in times of strong ownership too.

I would say the vast majority of the fan base trusted MM a year in tbf. I think confidence wavered a bit after the Clement sacking, but people saw all the academy stuff and all the right noises he was making. I would go as far to say he was loved for most of his first few years, which is crap to think about looking back.