Fixtures out June 22nd

sage

Wigan at home first day. Wigan away Boxing Day. Carlisle at home final day.

Annoyingly for me, my closest game (Exeter away) is a Tuesday night again. Annoyingly for others, Blackpool away is also a Tuesday night in October.

Six of our first 10 games will be at home, with away games against Burton & Carlisle also in there. There’s a few tough games but it looks like a really good opportunity to hit the ground running and establish ourselves from the start.

Been through the entire fixture list and it does appear that we will play each team twice again throughout the season, once at home and then at their place.

We have a game on Boxing Day, New Years Day however I suspect Sky Sports will jiggle a few of the games around to be shown on TV.

Also, if we win more than we draw and lose, we would be promoted to the Championship and get to play Forest again next season.

1 minute ago, Scott129 said:

I expect 10 points minimum from August.

I think it’s a tough one. We are going to have a lot of new players so gelling isn’t guaranteed, hopefully we can have a good pre-season, however a not so good one doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll fail this season either.

On paper, if we want to finish in the automatics this season then we should be able to get more than 10 points in August. Win the home games and at least 1 of the away and we’ll be the form team from the start.

I think our start could’ve been a hell of a lot worse than it is, so it may make the bedding in process of new players a bit easier for Warne.

13 minutes ago, inter politics said:

On paper, very favourable for once. With their problems, could be a good time to play Wigan.

Definitely. Hopefully if we can score an early goal there confidence will be low and we can win the game comfortably. 

Disappointed to see Cambridge as the last away game. I don’t go to every away game (only managed 6 last season) but the last away game is always top of my list. Went to Cambridge last season but getting a ticket this time might be a challenge. Just need the club to sort out away membership now (selfishly, I hope they give priority to renewals over new sales😀) whenever that might be.

Looks like we are to play 4 bottom half teams at the start of the season before we take on 2 of last years top 6. We didn’t do well against the top 6 last season , but I’m sure Warne will solve that problem in a much weaker league this time around.