Fixtures out June 22nd

sage

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Wigan at home first day. Wigan away Boxing Day. Carlisle at home final day.

Annoyingly for me, my closest game (Exeter away) is a Tuesday night again. Annoyingly for others, Blackpool away is also a Tuesday night in October.

Six of our first 10 games will be at home, with away games against Burton & Carlisle also in there. There’s a few tough games but it looks like a really good opportunity to hit the ground running and establish ourselves from the start.

really think we can start the first 10 with 7+ wins and from there hopefully ride the momentum as we get better and better

9 minutes ago, JakeDCFC said:

really think we can start the first 10 with 7+ wins and from there hopefully ride the momentum as we get better and better

I’m pretty happy with how the fixtures have fallen so far. Obviously that might change based on our signings, other teams’ signings, form etc.

For example, right now looking at Wigan, the fact they were in the Championship last season means very little. They’re in trouble again, points deduction and players leaving. Right now I look at them at home and think that anything less than 3 points is a bad result. Under their new ownership they may recruit well and all of a sudden, who knows?

In our first 10 games, Oxford and Portsmouth look the toughest at home but we have to win games like that if we want to finish in the top 2. Fleetwood beat us at home last season, so on paper we win that but in reality it’s different.

13 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I’m pretty happy with how the fixtures have fallen so far. Obviously that might change based on our signings, other teams’ signings, form etc.

For example, right now looking at Wigan, the fact they were in the Championship last season means very little. They’re in trouble again, points deduction and players leaving. Right now I look at them at home and think that anything less than 3 points is a bad result. Under their new ownership they may recruit well and all of a sudden, who knows?

In our first 10 games, Oxford and Portsmouth look the toughest at home but we have to win games like that if we want to finish in the top 2. Fleetwood beat us at home last season, so on paper we win that but in reality it’s different.

Yeah exactly, as of now with what we assume wigan will be like it should be a game where we expect to leave with 3 points. So many things still up in the air of course as u mentioned, but I seriously expect us to be the team to beat and I hope I'm right. 

Obviously slip ups happen in a season, we won't go 46-0-0, wouldn't that be nice 🤔 haha, but I'm hoping we can get wins with against the tougher opponents early on to set the tone and hopefully develop some space between us and some of the other promotion rivals.

37 minutes ago, JakeDCFC said:

It would be really nice for once to get off to a flyer and be the pace-setters ! So often we seem to be playing catchup and we need a burst of title winning form to get back in the mix.

I'd only got three new grounds to go to next season, and one of them is on the day of a wedding that I have to attend. 🤦‍♀️

Whereas Bristol bloody Rovers is on my birthday weekend! Think I'll book a mini-break in Europe. 

Disappointed that Exeter, Blackpool are midweek fixtures, too. 

So, good news for everyone else - there will be extra away tickets for some of those games this year.

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Paul Simpson on pitch celebrating Carlisle safety and Derby promotion on last day 🔝

I have a vague recollection that my very, very, very first attendance was for Derby v Carlisle for the season finale.

Be nice to see it end the same way... 0-0... and one of these...

Ez4suwIWQAE3aDV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I have a vague recollection that my very, very, very first attendance was for Derby v Carlisle for the season finale.

Be nice to see it end the same way... 0-0... and one of these...

Ez4suwIWQAE3aDV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

If this was your first game, then I'm surprised that you ever wanted to watch another. This remains the most tedious game that I've ever witnessed.

We were already champions and they were already relegated. It was a hot day and all 22 players had downed tools for the season.  Absolutely nothing happed for 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, JakeDCFC said:

Would be great to have a good start and see us top of the League. Half the team will be new players and it won’t all revolve around McGoldrick. Time for Collins to step up ?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I'd only got three new grounds to go to next season, and one of them is on the day of a wedding that I have to attend. 🤦‍♀️

Whereas Bristol bloody Rovers is on my birthday weekend! Think I'll book a mini-break in Europe. 

Disappointed that Exeter, Blackpool are midweek fixtures, too. 

So, good news for everyone else - there will be extra away tickets for some of those games this year.

Don’t worry, B4 will hatch a plan before the day’s out 😂.

1 hour ago, Grimbeard said:

If this was your first game, then I'm surprised that you ever wanted to watch another. This remains the most tedious game that I've ever witnessed.

We were already champions and they were already relegated. It was a hot day and all 22 players had downed tools for the season.  Absolutely nothing happed for 90 minutes.

54 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I don’t think the players remembered much about that day, still under the affluence of incohol.🥳

Yes, yes!  I am fully aware of the match stats, and even recall the adult comments around me at the time, pretty much reflecting those reiterated above!

...But I was 12 and a quarter.  It was my first ever game, and I was utterly excited.

In truth, the main reason I continued to attend was because for some inexplicable reason, I thought we'd be eternally referred to as the best team in the land, and that we'd end every game with a lap of honour and a nice big shiny trophy!  🤣

#whatatwonk

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Would be great to have a good start and see us top of the League. Half the team will be new players and it won’t all revolve around McGoldrick. Time for Collins to step up ?

Why does that matter when it worked? Better than it revolving around Collins that's for sure. I find this very strange, if you get a good striker into the club and then refuse to play to his strengths, why would you do that?

33 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Yes, yes!  I am fully aware of the match stats, and even recall the adult comments around me at the time, pretty much reflecting those reiterated above!

...But I was 12 and a quarter.  It was my first ever game, and I was utterly excited.

In truth, the main reason I continued to attend was because for some inexplicable reason, I thought we'd be eternally referred to as the best team in the land, and that we'd end every game with a lap of honour and a nice big shiny trophy!  🤣

#whatatwonk

It was a good day of celebration, the match just got in the way a little.