Fixtures out June 22nd

sage

28 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Peterborough police overzealous? Trampie spends his annual two week summer holiday at the Peterborough Travelodge. Never a whiff of trouble with the Rozzers despite a litany of appalling behaviour from him and his mates (six of which are from Bristol and also on their holidays)!

Dont believe me? Go and have a look on ‘One Tramp in Brizzle’.

Yes, overzealous as in loads of them wandering around the centre with nothing to do and then jumping on anyone for as much as jaywalking.

7 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Would be great to have a good start and see us top of the League. Half the team will be new players and it won’t all revolve around McGoldrick. Time for Collins to step up ?

he did well in my FM save so why not in real life too? haha

12 hours ago, Kernow said:

Wigan at home first day. Wigan away Boxing Day. Carlisle at home final day.

Annoyingly for me, my closest game (Exeter away) is a Tuesday night again. Annoyingly for others, Blackpool away is also a Tuesday night in October.

Six of our first 10 games will be at home, with away games against Burton & Carlisle also in there. There’s a few tough games but it looks like a really good opportunity to hit the ground running and establish ourselves from the start.

Good omen ,,, one of my best days was home to Carlisle as a young lad ,, s*** game but we paraded the league champions trophy , I was on the popside 

I think it’s an interesting first game, because newly-relegated Wigan will start on the season on minus 8 points.
So they’ll be desperate to win, and start clawing the points back ASAP.

1 minute ago, Moss said:

I think it’s an interesting first game, because newly-relegated Wigan will start on the season on minus 8 points.
So they’ll be desperate to win, and start clawing the points back ASAP.

I would imagine they’ll be desperate to win until they have wiped out the points deduction and put themselves in amongst the teams battling to avoid the drop which, even with a decent run of results, is going to take a good number of games.

Just now, OUTSIDER said:

just planning flights £28 return same day,

there wont be a chance of fixture change in lge 1 would there ?

For the Wigan game? It's possible. No Premier League so they'll want some for TV. Presume Championship will take priority though.

18 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

The opening weekend for the Championship televised have already been confirmed.

The slots taken are Friday 8pm, Sunday 12, 14:30 and 17:00.

If it was going to be moved for TV then I can only see it being 12:30 or 17:30 - if they both fit in work your flight plans you should be fine regardless.

I don’t know if/when they’d announce tv games for those days. Wouldn’t surprise me if Wrexham had one of them. In L1 we would probably be one of the first picks if they were moving one for telly.

21 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

The games are already listed on sky for that weekend. 1 championship game on Friday and 3 on Sunday.

43 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The opening weekend for the Championship televised have already been confirmed.

The slots taken are Friday 8pm, Sunday 12, 14:30 and 17:00.

If it was going to be moved for TV then I can only see it being 12:30 or 17:30 - if they both fit in work your flight plans you should be fine regardless.

I don’t know if/when they’d announce tv games for those days. Wouldn’t surprise me if Wrexham had one of them. In L1 we would probably be one of the first picks if they were moving one for telly.

There is the narrative of us recovering from points deductions and Wigan now going through the same stuff. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

There is the narrative of us recovering from points deductions and Wigan now going through the same stuff. 

League “favourites” vs recently relegated side who have also had a rollercoaster of ups and downs in the last decade.

The Championship TV games were announced on fixture release day so I’m not sure why they wouldn’t do the same if there were going to be L1 or L2 games televised too. Surely they’d fill the slots rather than leave them blank?