Knight Sibley Bird Bielik

simmoram1995

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A knee injury early in the season kept him out for several months

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/kane-wilson-injury-latest-nigel-pearson-confirms-status-of-bristol-city-summer-signing-4022186 

Seems Pearson questioned his fitness here

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-kane-wilson-pearson-8340385?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

…and his ability to defend here. Appears he doesn’t see Wilson fitting into his system.

Edited by DiggerB

Probably not. I think he'll push on with a few more consistent Championship seasons ahead of him. 

He's only worth what he's shown so far though. I think it's a good deal for all involved, especially with the contract situation for us.

2 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Probably not. I think he'll push on with a few more consistent Championship seasons ahead of him. 

He's only worth what he's shown so far though. I think it's a good deal for all involved, especially with the contract situation for us.

Agreed, £2m plus the full back is just fine. Knight has the potential to be a decent championship player.

45 minutes ago, londonbridgeram said:

I'm a bit disappointed. £2m for Knight? I'm sure he'll be disappointed too. Unless Bristol City are going to launch themselves, as they seem to have been talking about for some time.

Though it may seem disappointing, I think we have collectively horribly overvalued some of youngsters on breaking through but go on to sell them for retrospectively decent fees. Very few of our players (outside of the Mel/3 Amigos firesales) have gone on to command a fee in excess of what we sell them for. Morgan Whittaker may go on to be one of those few.

Will Hughes felt like we were being ripped off but he was only sold on to Palace for less than we sold him for. Bogle, Lowe, Hughes, Hendrick, Cyrus Christie and Luke Thomas we received good money for. 

59 minutes ago, londonbridgeram said:

I'm a bit disappointed. £2m for Knight? I'm sure he'll be disappointed too. Unless Bristol City are going to launch themselves, as they seem to have been talking about for some time.

You think 2 million quid is a disappointing fee for a League 1 player whom had a very bang average season and has a year left on their contract?

Does like playing for the ROI suddenly triple your value as a player nowadays

45 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You think 2 million quid is a disappointing fee for a League 1 player whom had a very bang average season and has a year left on their contract?

Does like playing for the ROI suddenly triple your value as a player nowadays

It did for Hendrick. Euro 2016 👌

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Re Beilik again, I see that FIFA have paid clubs for the World Cup

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66183016

I wonder if  there is a list somewhere on the FIFA website, as the Beeb have said how much Wigan got. 

**Fag packet calculations**

It's $10,950 per day that the player's country is at the World Cup, and is distributed between the teams to which the player was registered for the 2 years prior to the World Cup, so I'm guessing Brum will get a share too as he was on loan there.

The World Cup started 20 November and Poland were knocked out 4 December (15 days) and surely there are some additional days added for "going to" and "coming back from" the World Cup (say another 7 days?).

If we assume 22 days @ £10,950 = $240,900 (so about £180k-£200k in real money) split between us and Brum in some proportion. Surely they should only get 5 months worth of the preceding 24 months for their loan period.. so they should get £35k-£40k and we'd get £140k-£160k.

Ish!

Edited by Carnero

12 minutes ago, Carnero said:

**Fag packet calculations**

It's $10,950 per day that the player's country is at the World Cup, and is distributed between the teams to which the player was registered for the 2 years prior to the World Cup, so I'm guessing Brum will get a share too as he was on loan there.

The World Cup started 20 November and Poland were knocked out 4 December (15 days) and surely there are some additional days added for "going to" and "coming back from" the World Cup (say another 7 days?).

If we assume 22 days @ £10,950 = $240,900 (so about £180k-£200k in real money) split between us and Brum in some proportion. Surely they should only get 5 months worth of the preceding 24 months for their loan period.. so they should get £35k-£40k and we'd get £140k-£160k.

Ish!

So how come

“In contrast, Wigan were given $19,163 (£16.429), which is understood to be for the presence of Wales striker Kiefer Moore and USA defender Antonee Robinson in the Latics' squad. Money is paid to the clubs where players were registered during the two-year period leading up to the finals.”

I assumed the Beeb got actual figures not fag packet calculations.

Edited by RoyMac5