4 years ago…

TuffLuff

Yes it’s that bloody game!

Yes there is a lot we can look at and dissect, how the players celebrated, how Jody Morris celebrated it, Lampard’s 11 in the play off final, Lampard’s failure in not getting that squad promoted, Morris’ spending gamble, the comparisons of then to now etc etc etc

But I can promise any Derby or other clubs fans reading this, I don’t think I’d trade you anything for the jubilation and emotions I felt that night. It didn’t mean anything in the end no, but it’s a game like this that watching football is all about. It’s not just an achievement feeling, it’s about doing the impossible

13 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Yes it’s that bloody game!

Yes there is a lot we can look at and dissect, how the players celebrated, how Jody Morris celebrated it, Lampard’s 11 in the play off final, Lampard’s failure in not getting that squad promoted, Morris’ spending gamble, the comparisons of then to now etc etc etc

But I can promise any Derby or other clubs fans reading this, I don’t think I’d trade you anything for the jubilation and emotions I felt that night. It didn’t mean anything in the end no, but it’s a game like this that watching football is all about. It’s not just an achievement feeling, it’s about doing the impossible

I knew all along we would win that game and I throught we would win villa at wrembly.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I knew all along we would win that game and I throught we would win villa at wrembly.

There was something about that night pre game where I just fancied it a bit. Can’t describe what that feeling is but ‘the stage was set’ for a special night.

Pretty confident that’ll be the greatest day of Lampard’s managerial career. It all fell perfectly for him. The stick from Leeds, the previous results against Leeds, the two hour presentation by Bielsa on how to play against us. All to be undone by Richard Keogh producing some of the best playmaking this country has ever seen.

If only he started a striker in our following game.

39 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Pretty confident that’ll be the greatest day of Lampard’s managerial career. It all fell perfectly for him. The stick from Leeds, the previous results against Leeds, the two hour presentation by Bielsa on how to play against us. All to be undone by Richard Keogh producing some of the best playmaking this country has ever seen.

He only brought Marriot on when he did because Holmes got injured. Since then Lampard's managerial luck has run out!

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I'm just as annoyed that we had no cover in front of a 300 year old Ashley Cole. I assume it was meant to be Johnson? If it was, he spent 90 minutes wandering into the centre. It's down that side that we lost the game.

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

There was something about that night pre game where I just fancied it a bit. Can’t describe what that feeling is but ‘the stage was set’ for a special night.

I've never been happier to be wrong, but I didn't think we had a prayer going to Elland Road. We'd been battered in the 3 other games we'd played against the dirites that season and I just couldn't fathom how we'd find a way to win.

5 hours ago, Anon said:

I've never been happier to be wrong, but I didn't think we had a prayer going to Elland Road. We'd been battered in the 3 other games we'd played against the dirites that season and I just couldn't fathom how we'd find a way to win.

But now we know why we got battered in the previous matches!

16 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

Although I was absolutely  ecstatic over beating Leeds, however, for clear class the play-off 2nd leg semi-final against Brighton was pure joy to watch, from a team that should have just murdered QPR in the final.

That poxy, last minute goal was heart breaking.

Yes but look at Brighton now 😢

15 hours ago, Anon said:

And thats why we had as much of a chance in the playoffs as anyone else this year