sage

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would say Bolton probably have 1 of the best strike forces in the league - 

Dion Charles

Victor Adeboyejo

Dan Nlundulu

Cameron Jerome

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

Supplied by Carlos Mendes & Kieran Sadlier.

Bolton will be top 2

3 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Presumably so you can give it all to the club to help fund a young, proven, 20-goal a season striker? 

I think it’s well established we aren’t going to get that… I’d be more than happy with Waghorn being in our team if the wages aren’t stupid though. 

42 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Dion Charles

Victor Adeboyejo

Dan Nlundulu

Cameron Jerome

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

Sonny Bradley will have all of them on toast as well. 

47 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Dion Charles

Victor Adeboyejo

Dan Nlundulu

Cameron Jerome

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

Truly amazing!.. I wouldn't swap any of them other than Dion Charles for Washington or Collins. This is how they did for Bolton last season.

Adeboyejo - 3 goals and 1 assist in 18 

Dan Nlundulu - 1 goal in 15 apps

Cameron Jerome - 0 goal contributions in 12 games

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson - 3 goals and 1 assist in 21 league games (8 goals and 2 assists in 27 games)

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Truly amazing!.. I wouldn't swap any of them other than Dion Charles for Washington or Collins. This is how they did for Bolton last season.

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson - 3 goals and 1 assist in 21 league games (8 goals and 2 assists in 27 games)

I wouldnt mind Adeboyejo, he is the type of forward we need. Not been overly impressed by Charles when ive seen him play.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Agree, but a little too soon to judge Washington just yet…

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I wouldnt mind Adeboyejo, he is the type of forward we need. Not been overly impressed by Charles when ive seen him play.

His half season purple patch puts Blackman's to shame. Prior to joining Burton, he had never scored more than 3 goals in a season. Then, suddenly hits 11, before his form returns to normal once he joined Bolton.

When you consider that we’ve restricted ourselves to not paying transfer fees, it does mean we’re shopping in a limited market. Warne essentially has to find the striker that most suits him out of: Martin, Waghorn, Sharp, Wickham, Bonne, Deeney and Lyle Taylor. 

Afobe, Assombalonga and Walcott are all probably out of our budget/league. 

Unless we can get creative with a team who wants a striker off their books, ala Rhodes, then we’re really in a shallow pool of players that all have shortcomings. 

26 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

When you consider that we’ve restricted ourselves to not paying transfer fees, it does mean we’re shopping in a limited market. Warne essentially has to find the striker that most suits him out of: Martin, Waghorn, Sharp, Wickham, Bonne, Deeney and Lyle Taylor. 

Afobe, Assombalonga and Walcott are all probably out of our budget/league. 

Unless we can get creative with a team who wants a striker off their books, ala Rhodes, then we’re really in a shallow pool of players that all have shortcomings. 

Hmmm Deeney, forgot he was a free agent. 

A few years ago he’d have probably been an ideal type of striker for us.

Now I’m not sure, certainly doubt he’d fit in with what’s after character wise.

11 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Hmmm Deeney, forgot he was a free agent. 

A few years ago he’d have probably been an ideal type of striker for us.

Now I’m not sure, certainly doubt he’d fit in with what’s after character wise.

Deeney is about as far away from a 'Warne player' as I can think of. He seems more content going on podcasts slagging off ex-managers, players and clubs than trying to find another club these days.

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Deeney is about as far away from a 'Warne player' as I can think of. He seems more content going on podcasts slagging off ex-managers, players and clubs than trying to find another club these days.

The guy is shot anyway. He was such an instrumental player for Watford but age caught up quickly, as over a summer he suddenly could barely muster a ten-yard sprint - similar to Rooney post Covid.

He want from PL regular to Brum back-up in such a short space in time.

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Have seen many fans of other clubs having meltdowns about recruitment and heard radio discussions about the tough market this year. Also just saw tweet below from Blades fan. Its tough out there

https://twitter.com/p51mys/status/1685675623002312704?s=46&t=sk42RYQEb_Tm-nCLhuvi0w

I am presuming they’ll be outbidding us for Waghorn then. 

11 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Ah yes that good old ‘hope’ I hope I win the lottery.    

The same hope as hoping ageing has beens are the answer,only that hope costs money we can't afford to waste

Edited by TINMANTED

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Have seen many fans of other clubs having meltdowns about recruitment and heard radio discussions about the tough market this year. Also just saw tweet below from Blades fan. Its tough out there

https://twitter.com/p51mys/status/1685675623002312704?s=46&t=sk42RYQEb_Tm-nCLhuvi0w

It definitely is for strikers, honestly don't see many other options than scouring abroad for cost-effective options. Premier League clubs have little choice. The UK market is so sparse that carthorses like Keinan Davis are being talked about in the realms of £5m - a goal every 366 minutes in the Championship and every 810 minutes in the Premier League. He's a player that I would struggle to get excited about in League One, nevermind in the Championship or higher. 

There are players out there, of course, Notts County signed Macaulay Langstaff from Gateshead for £50k. He scored 30 in 47 for them and gone on to score 41 in 47 for Notts County. I would like to bet that he scores a lot of goals next season too. We've just not been a club who has been proactive in scouting players, take a look at Sheff Utd on the other hand - they signed both N'Diaye and Che Adams from non-league recently. Che Adams on our own back yard. 

I hoped that things would change under the new ownership/management with regards to recruitment, but does seem to be similar trend - we've just looked at players from the Championship out of contract and who may drop into League One and got the ones that suited the system. Nothing wrong with that at all, that's not my point, but while we've been picking up Bradley, Nelson, Elder, etc. Barnsley have gone to non-league to find players and signed a few: Dallas, Lofthouse, Lopata. They may be bad signings who can't cut it, but I was hoping to see some creativity in our recruitment strategy this season, perhaps a couple of non-league/league two players with a bit of potential. We don't do too bad at recruiting for the academy, typically, perhaps we will see something from the lads we've picked up to play for our U21s but our recruitment for the first team, on the other hand, has been as bland as unseasoned chicken. 

Edited by Ambitious