Summer Rumour Mill

sage

7 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Been told to expect some movement this week, couple of ins and potentially a few outs. My guess would be Rhodes in and maybe a 10 on loan. Outs would be some of the younger lads getting some first team minutes 

The outs permanent or loans BT, and do you know of any names.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

It'll be interesting to see who leaves, it's not exactly like we're blessed with much depth at all. I know people have spoken about Rooney going out, but would leave Forsyth as our sole cover for all three centre back spots. 

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Maybe a loan for Bardell ? Could see Barkhuizen or Sibley leaving on a perm. Cant see it being anyone else, unless a big bid came in for Cash or Bird which would be awful.

4 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Also, the “telling us” will come when the accounts are issued. If Clowes is lying as you’re suggesting it will be very apparent when the club’s accounts are published.
We fans are fortunate to be able to see the clubs accounts and what’s happening with the finances once published, what I will say is I don’t think we’re necessarily entitled to that information as the club as a business isn’t publicly owned by us. 

To be fair - its a legal requirement for a business over a certain value (cannot remember the threshold, something like £10 Million) to provide a detailed set of accounts to companies house which is then viewable by everyone.

So I would say, we as fans are entitled to it. However, to fully understand it below the bottom line P&L/Balance Sheet, you need to be Kieron Maguire (or Ramblur - I hope he is still doing OK).

The frustration with the accounts is that because businesses publish them so close to the final deadline, its actually almost irrelevant for the current year.

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We may well have spent a few hundred thousand in signing on fees, agents fees etc. A transfer fee between clubs isn't the only fee involved, it's just the one we usually get the most visibility of.

The EFL plan limited what we could spend on agents fee's. Nothing has come out publicly if that element was changed by the EFL. It was peanuts as well!

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

To be fair - its a legal requirement for a business over a certain value (cannot remember the threshold, something like £10 Million) to provide a detailed set of accounts to companies house which is then viewable by everyone.

So I would say, we as fans are entitled to it. However, to fully understand it below the bottom line P&L/Balance Sheet, you need to be Kieron Maguire (or Ramblur - I hope he is still doing OK).

The frustration with the accounts is that because businesses publish them so close to the final deadline, its actually almost irrelevant for the current year.

A legal requirement for a business to publish their finances to companies house doesn’t equate to fan entitlement. 
Regardless of that, it doesn’t justify you claiming David Clowes is lying about something when he clearly isn’t. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

30 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It'll be interesting to see who leaves, it's not exactly like we're blessed with much depth at all. I know people have spoken about Rooney going out, but would leave Forsyth as our sole cover for all three centre back spots. 

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

That would be only if we bought another CB.

I'd suggest 2 from Robinson, Bardell or Radcliffe.

I would have suggested Thompson a few weeks ago, but he has started pre season very well.

I can also see Barhuizen or NML leaving.  

3 minutes ago, sage said:

That would be only if we bought another CB.

I'd suggest 2 from Robinson, Bardell or Radcliffe.

I would have suggested Thompson a few weeks ago, but he has started pre season very well.

I can also see Barhuizen or NML leaving.  

Barkhuizen, potentially. NML is still our best attacking player at present and has been used as such in pre-season. 

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Barkhuizen, potentially. NML is still our best attacking player at present and has been used as such in pre-season. 

Barkhuizen isn't fit yet but is more flexible in my mind. 

We have Sibley to add to the mix an potentially another number 10 on loan 

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Been told to expect some movement this week, couple of ins and potentially a few outs. My guess would be Rhodes in and maybe a 10 on loan. Outs would be some of the younger lads getting some first team minutes 

Sounds like good news. Whilst I think we’ll still be a bit light in numbers, we have until September to address that and those two positions in should hopefully give us enough to hit the ground running in August.

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Hopefully the few outs create space in the budget for another 1 or 2 ins on top of the 3 positions Warne has already mentioned.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Didn’t Clowes say in his interview that the accounts would be published in March?