Summer Rumour Mill

sage

52 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

We were hahahha clearly somethings not giving, either we can’t/ won’t stump up the money or Pboro aren’t budging on their valuation. However in good news I’m told that Cashin is expected to stay. Unless the final Brighton bid today is too good to turn down

This is the sort of insight I can't live without.

I feel incredibly sorry for whoever Big Travs source is, the club have the poor fella (or lady) on strings.

They must know they are a big gob, so take it in turns in feeding him silly rumours to see how far they go.

In the space of a week it's been 2 players in, 3 players out, you do the okie cokie and we turn around, Warneball is what it's all about.

Poor fella don't know what to trust no more.

Nervous Anxiety GIF by NBC

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not really. Lose count of the number of times corners fail to beat the first man.

So why do we bother having defenders at all then? You're basically arguing that getting close to a winger, pressing him, closing down space, doubling up on him etc literally makes no difference to the quality of crosses they produce.

26 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I feel incredibly sorry for whoever Big Travs source is, the club have the poor fella (or lady) on strings.

They must know they are a big gob, so take it in turns in feeding him silly rumours to see how far they go.

In the space of a week it's been 2 players in, 3 players out, you do the okie cokie and we turn around, Warneball is what it's all about.

Poor fella don't know what to trust no more.

Nervous Anxiety GIF by NBC

Agree, it’s a Big Travesty 

21 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

So why do we bother having defenders at all then? You're basically arguing that getting close to a winger, pressing him, closing down space, doubling up on him etc literally makes no difference to the quality of crosses they produce.

Nah I'm just saying thay trying to blame Warne for the poor quality of a lot of our crossing just seems to be looking for a stick to beat him with.

I could conversely say that all corners are bang on the money because they are a free cross under no pressure. 

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nah I'm just saying thay trying to blame Warne for the poor quality of a lot of our crossing just seems to be looking for a stick to beat him with.

I could conversely say that all corners are bang on the money because they are a free cross under no pressure. 

I'm not exactly having to look very far for a stick, he does rather seem to leave a lot of them lying around 😉.

I just find it very frustrating that we apparently want to be a team that puts a lot of crosses in, then we start the season lining up with no wingers and only one striker getting in the box.  The same as we apparently want to be a team that presses aggressively from the front, yet we started with only really 3 guys pressing (Bird, Collins, NML), and a bunch of slow midfielders sat behind them.  If we want to be something, you can't just say we want to be it, you have to actually make it happen.

12 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'm not exactly having to look very far for a stick, he does rather seem to leave a lot of them lying around 😉.

I just find it very frustrating that we apparently want to be a team that puts a lot of crosses in, then we start the season lining up with no wingers and only one striker getting in the box.  The same as we apparently want to be a team that presses aggressively from the front, yet we started with only really 3 guys pressing (Bird, Collins, NML), and a bunch of slow midfielders sat behind them.  If we want to be something, you can't just say we want to be it, you have to actually make it happen.

Yeah wouldn't disagree with any of the above.

First 15 minutes against Peterborough I thought we looked awful with no identity. Didn't want possession but also didn't want to counter attack.

I'm hoping the last 70 minutes are a sign of things going forward.