Summer Rumour Mill

sage

If cashin goes do we gamble on fozzy, Bradley, Nelson and Rooney being enough at CB with smith covering short term at RB with Ward and Wilson getting fit to be long term RB and spend the money on Clarke Harris or do we get in another CB to eb first choice and get a loan in a ST?

Don't think we can do everything and will have to gamble on form and fitness being maintained in at least one position.

Will Waggy stay fit and in form? Will Washington hit the goal trail?

Oh to be a football manager.

14 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I know that one came out of nowhere! It makes sense due to Warnes good relationship with Klopp though

Yes JCH is serious. Been in contact with Pboro the past 2 weeks. Money wise I don’t know how we’ll be able to afford it unless we use the Knight/ Bielik money which I suspect wasn’t originally meant to be used on transfers but due to injuries and lack of depth etc, it’s now being used. I think he’d take us from a top 6 team to a top 2. 

So your link has confirmed the Clark rumour is true BT 👍

21 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I know that one came out of nowhere! It makes sense due to Warnes good relationship with Klopp though

Yes JCH is serious. Been in contact with Pboro the past 2 weeks. Money wise I don’t know how we’ll be able to afford it unless we use the Knight/ Bielik money which I suspect wasn’t originally meant to be used on transfers but due to injuries and lack of depth etc, it’s now being used. I think he’d take us from a top 6 team to a top 2. 

Completely agree with you here BT. Is the JCH talk now coming your original source as you mentioned about someone being in the agency world the other day. Are they both saying about the interest now? 

13 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

If we managed to put more than 1 or 2 decent crosses in a game, then maybe he'd spend less time hunting the ball and more time waiting to get on the end of them, eh Paul?

Amazingly, switching to playing actual wingers rather than wingbacks seems to have coincided with getting more crosses in (who'd a thunk it?).  I reckon NML put more decent crosses in the first 45 against Fleetwood than he, Wilson and Ward had managed between them in the previous 4 games (not a criticism of the players, more of the system).  So obviously we dropped Collins and went for players who are less effective in the air than Collins up front. 

How does a change of system make players be able to put better crosses in?

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How does a change of system make players be able to put better crosses in?

Because a wingback starts maybe 10 or 20 yards deeper, has no support from an overlapping fullback, and faces much more serious consequences if they lose the ball.  A winger can afford to gamble and just try and go past a fullback, knowing they have cover in behind, a wingback knows if they lose it doing that, the other team is breaking straight onto our (slow) back 3.  So wingers are normally crossing from better positions (closer to the byline) and in more space (because the defence has to cover the overlapping fullback too, or the winger has already gone past the last defender).

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Who is your source 😲 I am losing track of all our ITK’s 😳

I wouldnt class myself as ITK i very rarely hear much but I get the info through a workmate who is mates with someone at the club. Been spot on previously with other info passed on (Washington, Bradley, Waggy)

5 hours ago, caymanram said:

I have an awful feeling that this is just going to be one of those seasons for Sibs when it’s injury after injury and he doesn’t get any sort of run in the team … even off the bench. Think this could be dangerous for him career-wise as his development seemed to have stalked a bit beforehand anyway..

The common link to him not kicking on being due to him not getting “any sort of run in the team”.

36 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Because a wingback starts maybe 10 or 20 yards deeper, has no support from an overlapping fullback, and faces much more serious consequences if they lose the ball.  A winger can afford to gamble and just try and go past a fullback, knowing they have cover in behind, a wingback knows if they lose it doing that, the other team is breaking straight onto our (slow) back 3.  So wingers are normally crossing from better positions (closer to the byline) and in more space (because the defence has to cover the overlapping fullback too, or the winger has already gone past the last defender).

But apart from that? 🤣

8 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Extremely worrying if we have players who are only capable of crossing a ball from certain areas of the wings.