Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

Reminds me of Albentosa - he didn't last long.

Bradley isn’t an Albertosa. Did you ever see Albertosa play? He was an absolute Clutz. All he ever did was lumber around and swing his boot through the ball, hoofing it as high and as far as possible. And it always came straight back at us, because he had no idea about getting the ball to someone in the same team as him.

Edited by DavesaRam

5 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Bradley isn’t an Albertosa. Did you ever see Albertosa play? He was an absolute Clutz. All he ever did was lumber around and swing his boot through the ball, hoofing it as high and as far as possible. And it always came straight back at us, because he had no idea about getting the ball to someone in the same team as him.

He was certainly impeded with Keogh who didn't seem to appreciate the bloke couldn't speak fluent english and would constantly wave his hand to change position as he ran past him to tackle a player he was picking up.  I felt sorry he had him as a guiding light, not the fella you want as an assuring presence.  You could see he had the confidence dissipating by the minute. Malaga, Deportivo and Eibar in La Liga with a spell at Bucharest and Sofia suggests he could play just not with us.  We actually made a profit when he left which was a rarity.

18 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Where have we been linked with jch I haven't seen one

It all started back in May when I said we would be linked with Billy Sharp most of the window and then sign JCH...honestly it did..

I also said Hourianne would be gone by first game of season too...so you know. Rough with the horse sh!t and all that.

38 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I did see him play and my view is Bradley won't be much any better. He is slow and easily beaten too.

20 minutes ago, Magicman said:

I did see him play and my view is Bradley won't be much any better. He is slow and easily beaten too.

Would like to see him play in a 2, not sure a back three suits him. Think he’s played in a 2 most of the time?

JCH would be a brilliant signing for any team at this level, I agree it would take us from a top 6 to a top 2 team. I also think it would purely be based on Cashin going. I'd have preferred nombe with him being younger but he is going to Rotherham & its not like JCH is over the hill. Plus i think Collins would go too

The money we get for Cashin wouldnt be all up front, but neither would the money on JCH. Say for example we paid 500k upfront for JCH with 2 installments of 250k on a 3 year deal that isn't bad imo. We may get 1.5m upfront for Cashin with 1.5m on installments - we would be 1m up on budget then

Edited by DCFC1388

Was watching a Peterboro' VLOG/podcast a few days ago and they seemed convinced that JCH will go to either Bolton or back to Bristol Rovers this week. They decided he was more likely to go back to Bristol Rovers. He's on the transfer list, and Rovers can't exactly have a sh*t-load of £££ to throw around so I doubt he'll be going anywhere for a vast amount.

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Thanks for that, I was all ready to spend the day watching Sky Sports News tomorrow, which would have been a waste.

It is at the moment,all you'll hear about is some Spanish bloke giving a female footballer a kiss on the lips and the constant sermonising that SKY sports love to indulge in.

2 minutes ago, Jram said:

Pretty seminal story in fairness 

Probably is to be fair but smacks of the lynch mob mentality to me.SKY are currently also pushing the Climate change affecting sport as we know it now as well ,sanctimonious barstewards!
Roll on Friday when we all realise we'll do nothing until 10.45pm and DCFC admin on Twitter kick in with their "teasing!"

19 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

JCH would be a brilliant signing for any team at this level, I agree it would take us from a top 6 to a top 2 team. I also think it would purely be based on Cashin going. I'd have preferred nombe with him being younger but he is going to Rotherham & its not like JCH is over the hill. Plus i think Collins would go too

The money we get for Cashin wouldnt be all up front, but neither would the money on JCH. Say for example we paid 500k upfront for JCH with 2 installments of 250k on a 3 year deal that isn't bad imo. We may get 1.5m upfront for Cashin with 1.5m on installments - we would be 1m up on budget then

Agree with all of this. There's not a chance of us spending 7 figures without selling someone.

I know we've got one of the biggest budgets in the league. But it's like saying Snow White is the biggest one out of her 7 mates. She's not that big but in comparison to her 7 mates she is.

Our budget probably isn't huge. But compared to other teams in League One it probably is big.

If Cashin goes and we get him back on loan. Sell Collins and sign JCH. Then I'd be happy with that. 

But equally I'd be happy with another attacking midfielder and some pace out wide without losing anyone else.

9 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Probably is to be fair but smacks of the lynch mob mentality to me.SKY are currently also pushing the Climate change affecting sport as we know it now as well ,sanctimonious barstewards!
Roll on Friday when we all realise we'll do nothing until 10.45pm and DCFC admin on Twitter kick in with their "teasing!"

What 🤔

If we do get some money in for Cashin then I have a feeling that we may see Smith from the Wendies coming in and Collins going.

Think Warne would still like Smith in and he would give us that 'target man' option.

Just my thoughts.

42 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Stupid Sky, being all anti sexual assault and not wanting the planet to burn.

1 hour ago, nogbad van 50 said:

It is at the moment,all you'll hear about is some Spanish bloke giving a female footballer a kiss on the lips and the constant sermonising that SKY sports love to indulge in.

Coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

IMG_0666.png