Summer Rumour Mill

sage

46 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Why is it only half a season loan

Presumably with his injury record everyone wants to see how it’ll go. My inkling suspicion also throughout this summer is that Warne expects one player will be made available in January who may currently by a third or fourth option at their current club. Hence we are holding back some of our budget for then as well. I’d put money on that player being Lapado but I could very well be wrong. 

I think the two signings definitely help us a little bit in terms of various options now, plus players off the bench. I expect: Wildsmith; Rooney, Nelson, Cashin; NML, Smith, Thompson, Hourihane, Forsyth; Washington and Waghorn to start tomorrow. It's good to know we have Fornah, Sibley and TJJ off the bench to inject some legs into the second half.

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Leigh Curtis thinks 1 maybe 2 at a big push hope it’s 2 more think we need another attacking Mid and wing back 

Wing back should be a long way second. When you've got Rooney and Smith who could play right, Forsyth and Elder to play left. Why would we want another just cover for 2 months?

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

This is putting 2+2 together and getting 5, but I wonder now considering Warne saying he ideally wanted 4 in before the end of the window and we have a bit of pace up front that, that we might see Collins get that move to Shrewsbury and Smith coming to us from Wednesday? 

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing, wouldn’t surprise me.

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Defiantly one more in, potentially 2 depending on availability. Cashin and Bird both look set to stay. 1 more Tyrese/Tyreece signing and it’s an exciting squad with technical ability and a mix of youth and experience 

Thanks Big Trav. Any talk of either of them signing contract extensions if not being sold?

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Wing back should be a long way second. When you've got Rooney and Smith who could play right, Forsyth and Elder to play left. Why would we want another just cover for 2 months?

I think he may look at a versatile pacey defensive player, who’s going to fill defensive gaps (although if Cashin goes we might need an actual centre back), that atleast make sense to me in what we might need now. The 4th, which I just posted above which may be a stretch is Collins goes out and we bring Smith from Wednesday in but it’s probably less of a priority to a pacey defender.

Absolutely delighted we now have a bit of pace up front,hopefully he can stay fit and provide the goals we badly need,but if as his record suggests he does suffer with injuries, it still leaves us short up top.i still think another striker is needed and bail out Collins if we can

37 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

This is putting 2+2 together and getting 5, but I wonder now considering Warne saying he ideally wanted 4 in before the end of the window and we have a bit of pace up front that, that we might see Collins get that move to Shrewsbury and Smith coming to us from Wednesday? 

I've literally just thought the exact same thing to myself too

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've literally just thought the exact same thing to myself too

A couple of decent results and us close to the play off picture wouldn't harm our prospects of luring in players on loan keen to have a promotion on their CV either.

45 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Defiantly one more in, potentially 2 depending on availability. Cashin and Bird both look set to stay. 1 more Tyrese/Tyreece signing and it’s an exciting squad with technical ability and a mix of youth and experience 

We know what position the 1 is?