Summer Rumour Mill

sage

7 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm not stupid, but at least the players currently here took the decision to commit instead of holding out until the last minute. That demonstrates a level of willingness that the person in question has not. If Warne is signing at least partially based on character then this would count against them in my opinion.

Could be Jordan Rhodes and would possibly explain why that didn't happen a few weeks back.

Dependent on the quality of the player I’d be happy to wait. 

Surely a player who still believes they’re able to compete at championship level is the right attitude to have? 

7 hours ago, Thierry Ennui said:

Got news for you and you're not going to like it. Almost every one of our players, if not all of them, would rather play for someone else given the choice.

Unless you're playing for Man City, Real Madrid etc. I think pretty much most footballers out there would rather play for someone else 🤣

22 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Dependent on the quality of the player I’d be happy to wait. 

Surely a player who still believes they’re able to compete at championship level is the right attitude to have? 

You'd think so, but the ones that have committed so far definitely look like there's a reason they have come to league one.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’ve revised my analogy.

Same premise except just before opening each present someone tells  you ‘it’s socks!’

Or alternatively people tell you from the moment you put up your advent calendar "it's socks".

Then when you open up the wrapping paper, one of them contains a single sock and the others are empty?

(I think my glass might be half-empty this morning 🤣)

18 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Most likely a midfielder based on who is available on a free. Can't see it being a defender, as it seemed like Warne was happy with the defensive options early in pre-season, and those plans appeared to change when players were slow at returning from injury (and others picked up injuries). Could still be a loan signing though?

These are the free agents I think are most likely: 

WB: Steven Sessegnon, Todd Kane, Geroge Cox
CM: Stefan Johansen, Han-Noah Massengo, Josh Onomah, Luke Amos, Dennis Adeniran, Daniel Batty
W: Tariqe Fosu, Josh Martin
CF: Lyle Taylor, Connor Wickham

Thinking about this again, I can’t see it being anyone but Fosu, Mark Thomas would have scouted him when Oxford signed him in 2019, he plays left wing back, left wing and centre midfield. He also was on loan at Rotherham last year from January so I’m sure he was mentioned to Warne at Rotherham last summer.

I think he’d be a great signing at 27 if he’s given a run of games he could be a very good player at this level once again.

He is also in that bracket of lower champ high end league one which Warne has mentioned the player in question is. 

Having an educated guess at the player waiting for a championship club it could be and one of 

- Josh Onomah (PNE) 

- Steven Sessegnon (Fulham)

- Phil Jones (Man UTD)

- Ronan Curtis (Pompey but has an acl injury) 

- Tariq Fosu (Brentford)

Most likely out of them is Fosu and Onomah but if I hear anything I’ll tell you guys 🙂 

40 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Thinking about this again, I can’t see it being anyone but Fosu, Mark Thomas would have scouted him when Oxford signed him in 2019, he plays left wing back, left wing and centre midfield. He also was on loan at Rotherham last year from January so I’m sure he was mentioned to Warne at Rotherham last summer.

I think he’d be a great signing at 27 if he’s given a run of games he could be a very good player at this level once again.

He is also in that bracket of lower champ high end league one which Warne has mentioned the player in question is. 

He is right footed though, he likes to cut in and shoot . PW was talked about someone coming in at LWB and getting down the outside to put crosses in.