Summer Rumour Mill

sage

13 minutes ago, superfit said:

If Fornah is better at ‘reading the game, organising the team to move us up the pitch and picking a pass’ in addition to being younger, stronger and more athletic do you think he would be playing in L1 ? 

Your absolutely right, hope to be proved wrong but get the feeling some fans might just find he just runs around more. You don’t know what you have until it’s gone. 

Absolutely correct

28 minutes ago, superfit said:

Your absolutely right, hope to be proved wrong but get the feeling some fans might just find he just runs around more. You don’t know what you have until it’s gone. 

If your suggesting we don't know how lucky we are to have Korey Smith then we really have hit on hard times haven't we?

Edited by Blondest Goat

On 16/08/2023 at 14:42, Marriot Ram99 said:

It's a fair question as we have not been in the 3rd tier for many years in our history,  and the football so far this season has been truly disgraceful at home. Maybe abit early but continue like this and for sure it will be the worst side , if we finish bottom half in this league they will go down as a disgrace to the shirt and it will be like the 11 point season at the end.

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Charlton have signed Chem Campbell from Wolves - a very good signing on loan in my opinion. Did well at Wycombe last season.

I did wonder if that would be one we would be in for as he kind of fits the profile.

According to Alan Nixon, Charlton were favourites to get Sam Cosgrove so maybe that has gone cold

4 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

According to Alan Nixon, Charlton were favourites to get Sam Cosgrove so maybe that has gone cold

According to some publications Cosgrove is one of Blues' highest earners, in the high teens k per week. Blues are looking to get him off their books in a permanent deal, but Derby will not be able to offer him anything like that figure.

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Anybody else thinking this transfer window is going to be like a Christmas in which every present you unwrap is socks?

Socks that have been previously owned and worn? Some you suspect might still be a quality pair but you’re not quite sure they fit your aesthetic? Some you can see might have seen better days? Some odd ones that might make an interesting combo but you’re not sure if you can find the outfit for them? Some that Eiran Cashin has cut a dirty great hole in? 

My sole intent was to spin out some sock analogies, don’t pull me up on it please. 

21 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

If your suggesting we don't know how lucky we are to have Korey Smith then we really have hit on hard times haven't we?

I’m suggesting that Korey Smith has attributes that are not appreciated by some supporters and will be missed if he’s not in the team. 

You haven’t realised we’ve hit hard times? 

12 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

The only reason I can think that fornah hasn’t been announced yet is there’s another one close enough that we want to do 2. Potentially 2 in begore saturday would be a big boost 

Even better Big Trav - 2 for the price of 1. Agreed a big boost all round . Didn’t realise you spoke Irish.

43 minutes ago, superfit said:

I’m suggesting that Korey Smith has attributes that are not appreciated by some supporters and will be missed if he’s not in the team.

"Trying to pick an attacking pass" was the bit I was struggling with.  Wouldn't say this was something Smith was good at at all. 

Was looking forward to Smith returning to midfield as I thought he looked good there at the end of last season.  Like the rest of the team though he hasn't had a great start to this season.

14 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if Fornah is better as a defensive midfielder than Korey Smith in terms of reading the game, organizing the team to move us up the pitch, and trying to pick an attacking pass. I hope to be proved wrong and it's true youthful vitality would bring a lot more energy to our team (let's have Sibley, Tommo and Rooney as starters).

Since the days of Gorgeous George we've played with two holding midfielders rather than one, stifling our attacking intent. I think that's such a mistake, and if bringing Fornah in means Warne will move the rest of the midfield forward to where they can better hurt the opposition, I think that's to the good.

If Fornah can do 100m in under 3-5 business days he will be an improvement on Korey Smith.

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

The only reason I can think that fornah hasn’t been announced yet is there’s another one close enough that we want to do 2. Potentially 2 in begore saturday would be a big boost 

Or possibly they're holding back the news on signings to offset the disappointment fans will feel when we sell Cashin (2 new players makes it's a good day to bury bad news)....