Summer Rumour Mill

sage

8 hours ago, Scott129 said:

It's not fallen through as far as I'm aware.

I shared this rumour about a week ago having heard this information from someone who works with a member of Tyrese's family (first to do so on here I might add). I also heard that Portsmouth were running some interference on the deal, which was really interesting to hear about.

I also know that the player was at both the Oxford and Fleetwood games. The deal was basically done before Fleetwood and I don't believe that anything's changed, so not too sure why nothing's been announced. The only thing I can think of relates to Warne's comments post-match about negotiating clauses (or something along those lines): I wonder if we're trying to get a permanent deal similar to Washington, instead of the loan I was told about.

Contract being signed tomorrow.

Direct quote - "Think we're actually buying him now", so looks like a permanent deal.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's played 100 games and only got 2 goals.  I wrongly assumed he may have some pace and an eye for goal.  Appears we're bring someone in to protect a slow backline rather than looking at the other end for some speed and goals once again. 

We aren't bringing in a DCM instead of an attacking player. 

Should we ignore any other need until we have that specific piece of recruitment?

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's played 100 games and only got 2 goals.  I wrongly assumed he may have some pace and an eye for goal.  Appears we're bring someone in to protect a slow backline rather than looking at the other end for some speed and goals once again. 

Fornah is a defensive midfielder, who will inject a bit of pace to the midfield. Composed footballer, by all accounts, but he’s not going to be here to provide goals and assists. He will fill gaps and stop teams hitting us on the counter so easily, hopefully he can help the team out of possession and free Hourihane up to have a more progressive role in the side. 

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Fornah is a defensive midfielder, who will inject a bit of pace to the midfield. Composed footballer, by all accounts, but he’s not going to be here to provide goals and assists. He will fill gaps and stop teams hitting us on the counter so easily, hopefully he can help the team out of possession and free Hourihane up to have a more progressive role in the side. 

We have needed this sort of player for a long time now, hope it comes off, as like you say, it will free Hourihane up, to get in around the opposition box, where we all know he has a eye for a goal. If this comes off it will be a very good signing. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

51 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

We have needed this sort of player for a long time now, hope it comes off, as like you say, it will free Hourihane up, to get in around the opposition box, where we all know he has a eye for a goal. If this comes off it will be a very good signing. 

Well said and I totally agree. It will help us get a grip on the game and getting out ran in the middle of the park.