Summer Rumour Mill

sage

The telltale sign for how we played on Sat was the gaps between the defenders, which started off tight and noticeable increased as the game wore on as we slowly reverted toward the back 5. Fleetwood started picking up the ball in those gaps, in exactly the same way Oxford did only Fleetwood didn't punish us for it.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

The telltale sign for how we played on Sat was the gaps between the defenders, which started off tight and noticeable increased as the game wore on as we slowly reverted toward the back 5. Fleetwood started picking up the ball in those gaps, in exactly the same way Oxford did only Fleetwood didn't punish us for it.

Thank you so much for saying reverted rather than reverted back. You’ve made my evening 😘

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Anyone who thinks that was 5 at the back at the beginning of the game needs to get off FIFA and start watching some real football.

I've heard it is possble for players other than full backs to take throw-ins. 

I haven't got any summer rumours so I'll shut up now! 

I've been very critical of Warne, but he got it right Saturday.

Big game Saturday, Peterbrough away will show what we are made of, Teflon or Tampons.

Anyone who thinks that was 5 at the back at the beginning of the game needs to get off FIFA and start watching some real football.

Will let former professional centre back Shaun Barker know that next game. 👍  (Well being pedantic, he said 3 at the back.)

FWIW, I felt it was a three too, practically the same as we have been playing previously. NML just played the Ward role, obviously worse than Ward would have, so got a LOT of cover.

Never played FIFA in my life and won’t be wasting my time with that.

I’ve never seen a centre back take a throw in half way in our half to push the left back up the pitch.

Unless that’s our new strategy to avoid Tommo’s heading ability, then it worries me even more.