Summer Rumour Mill

sage

I have it on good authority that Baggio has finally got his move to Pride Park. Taribo West has given up his ministry to come out of retirement and there was a German centre back in B&Q in Eastwood looking at patio furniture. Said source said he was trying to keep under the radar by going to Eastwood. #ITK 

7 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

How on earth is it different?

If you are going to argue, for argues sake, at least have a point.

One would assume David Clowes isn't saying our budget is sizable when compared to Chesterfield, or Blyth Spartans. He is saying sizable compared to clubs in this division and if Clowes is saying this, whilst saying our budget is good enough to get us out of league 1, I very much doubt our budget would be comparable to say Fleetwood, Bristol Rovers, Cambridge...more akin to say Barnsley, Pompey, Bolton etc.

Your point is moo.

Cow Appreciation Day GIF

You said that Clowes stated it was bigger than our rival clubs. (Bolton, Portsmouth, Blackpool, etc) not sizeable / comparable to.

Edited by Carnero

Just now, dajstrawb said:

Liked Cosgrove every time I’ve seen him. Would certainly get on the end of some of the crosses. Feel that if all those sides are after him however, we’ll lose out (again)

Bit negative mate! If them clubs were after you, you’d definitely choose Derby we have double the fans at home matches! 

He would fit as our genuine target man, upgrade on Collins. But Warne delighted me last week by bemoaning lack of real pace. Could be that he wants this pace in the 10 or LWB or midfield though, but it sounded in the attacking sense. Unless we are bringing in Cosgrove and pacey forward and letting Collins leave for Shrewsbury, which would seem harsh after his performance yesterday, but we need to be ruthless to improve those fine margins.  From Collins point of view,he may want a longer deal and we might not want to give him one because, if get promoted, he'll not be much use and if we don't, we'll want to upgrade anyway. 

Edited by Andrew3000

40 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

He would fit as our genuine target man, upgrade on Collins. But Warne delighted me last week by bemoaning lack of real pace. Could be that he wants this pace in the 10 or LWB or midfield though, but it sounded in the attacking sense. Unless we are bringing in Cosgrove and pacey forward and letting Collins leave for Shrewsbury, which would seem harsh after his performance yesterday, but we need to be ruthless to improve those fine margins.  From Collins point of view,he may want a longer deal and we might not want to give him one because, if get promoted, he'll not be much use and if we don't, we'll want to upgrade anyway. 

If we are wildly speculating then- in which case Collins has finally pulled his tripe out only because he's playing in the shop window and will inevitably return to his flaccid performances of last season 🤪

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

If we are wildly speculating then- in which case Collins has finally pulled his tripe out only because he's playing in the shop window and will inevitably return to his flaccid performances of last season 🤪

Could be said of Bird as well before the transfer window shuts 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

We are wildly speculating! That's the joy of the transfer rumour thread. Love that phrase, "pulled his tripe out", bravo!

I think we need a energetic nasty dcm and another number 9 and that would do providing we keep all the squad we have,remember we still have barks and sibs to join up yet so Rooney and thommo would probably drop out of the match day squad without anymore signings plus I'd like to see our academy players  involved to show them a pathway to the 1st team exists if you put the work in