Summer Rumour Mill

sage

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

The frustrating thing is - he’s known about these departures for a while. Didzy was earlier in Summer and interest in Knight had been around for a while. You prepare for that. You make that a priority. Instead, we’re left chasing our tails! So frustrating

Youve started with a false premise again. How do you know that Warne didn't make replacing McGoldrick a priority this summer? I don't like too think that Warne would need to be told that he will have to think about replacing his leading goalscorer. 

What you have done is then jump to the conclusion that because in your opinion we haven't adequately replaced McGoldrick then this wasn't seen as being important by Warne.

We were hellishly lucky to pick him up last season for nowt and also his previous season ls didn't exhibit the same amount of goals scored as we saw last season. 

Maybe it's because the bargain basement bucket is now running dry of players we can get in for free and score shed loads of goals. That are the right side of 30. That have oodles of pace. For nothing. 

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Warne said he hopes to get a striker & midfielder in next week as well as Sibley & Barkhuizen back training.

He mentioned losing Didzys goals & Knights energy in midfield & they need replacing.

He said he hoped to get someone in this week and that didn’t happen, so I wouldn’t hold your breath.  

45 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Youve started with a false premise again. How do you know that Warne didn't make replacing McGoldrick a priority this summer? I don't like too think that Warne would need to be told that he will have to think about replacing his leading goalscorer. 

What you have done is then jump to the conclusion that because in your opinion we haven't adequately replaced McGoldrick then this wasn't seen as being important by Warne.

We were hellishly lucky to pick him up last season for nowt and also his previous season ls didn't exhibit the same amount of goals scored as we saw last season. 

Maybe it's because the bargain basement bucket is now running dry of players we can get in for free and score shed loads of goals. That are the right side of 30. That have oodles of pace. For nothing. 

And what you’ve done is look for opportunities to argue. I think he prioritised defenders to fit his 3/5 at the back. He said he wanted to, we needed to. And we did. I’m happy enough with the players he got in.

However, that means he didn’t prioritise a striker.

Warne was having conversations with McGoldrick as soon as the season ended. He’s said as much. He also intimated that he was aware of McG’s desire to return home. So that tells us that he could have started planning then. That’s June. 2 months ago.

I'm glad he got defenders he wanted. I understand that the striker market is slow/empty/whatever you want to call it. But you can’t tell me he didn’t focus on the defence over the attack.

Also worth adding I appreciate any and all money that Clowes puts into the club. I’m simply sharing my frustration. Not sure I need your input, as I’m not demanding anything other than a chance to vent. Which is what the forum is.

21 minutes ago, r4derby said:

And what you’ve done is look for opportunities to argue. I think he prioritised defenders to fit his 3/5 at the back. He said he wanted to, we needed to. And we did. I’m happy enough with the players he got in.

Warne was having conversations with McGoldrick as soon as the season ended. He’s said as much. He also intimated that he was aware of McG’s desire to return home. So that tells us that he could have started planning then. That’s June. 2 months ago.

I'm glad he got defenders he wanted. I understand that the striker market is slow/empty/whatever you want to call it. But you can’t tell me he didn’t focus on the defence over the attack.

Also worth adding I appreciate any and all money that Clowes puts into the club. I’m simply sharing my frustration. Not sure I need your input, as I’m not demanding anything other than a chance to vent. Which is what the forum is.

I'm pretty sure that Warne and the Recruitment Staff are capable are focussing on more than one target at a time.

The fact we haven't got a striker in yet and the rumours that Billy Sharpe is now considering a move to the US as more money is on offer highlights our predicament - we haven't got 500k to splash on a striker and what few strikers that have moved for nominal fees have probably had better offers (financially and/or locationally) elsewhere.

Just because we haven't got one in yet, doesn't mean we haven't put  as much effort into it as recruiting for other positions.

37 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Very well put.

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

According to my sauce, there is a lady at B&M Spondon called Beryl, if you head there on a Saturday between 9am and 12 she will show you her baps for 4 quid.

Now ironically, there is a lady called Beryl who works in Jane's pantry in Gloucester and can whip me up a really good BLT bap, which is what they call a cob round there.

She can also crimp the pastys with her one remaining tooth so multi -skilled 🤣

No chance we get any more permanent players unless they’re on tiny wages. Loan wise we can’t afford to pay much either. Believe the max we can offer players is around 4k a week. That’s the going rumour at the moment. I have no idea of this is the ‘business plan’ or DC being a bit stingy with budgets or if Warne has splashed out too much on wages and had struggled to work with the budgets set 

14 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

No chance we get any more permanent players unless they’re on tiny wages. Loan wise we can’t afford to pay much either. Believe the max we can offer players is around 4k a week. That’s the going rumour at the moment. I have no idea of this is the ‘business plan’ or DC being a bit stingy with budgets or if Warne has splashed out too much on wages and had struggled to work with the budgets set 

Heard anything re outgoings Trav? Surely a sale could be reinvested into the playing squad! 

17 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

This doesn't sound good.

But would Warne really talk about still 2 or 3 to come in if there was in reality very little possibility?.

We surely must be relying on sales then to achieve and complete our transfer business.

Certainly never straight forward for us is it 🙄

57 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

That’s very concerning if true.

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

If true that would suggest the businessplan DC agreed may be more draconian than we all thought or PW has signed the freebies on big wages and there is not much left in the kitty. Would also explain why the signings have dried up. Pure speculation of course. BT any whispers about outgoings?

4 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

If true that would suggest the businessplan DC agreed may be more draconian than we all thought or PW has signed the freebies on big wages and there is not much left in the kitty. Would also explain why the signings have dried up. Pure speculation of course. BT any whispers about outgoings?

PW doesn’t agree the wages though. 

5 hours ago, r4derby said:

The frustrating thing is - he’s known about these departures for a while. Didzy was earlier in Summer and interest in Knight had been around for a while. You prepare for that. You make that a priority. Instead, we’re left chasing our tails! So frustrating

Unless you know more than me, how do you know he didn't prioritise that? It is likely just a very difficult position to fill given our circumstances. But hey, blame Warne in the absence of any evidence.