Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Unfortunately yes, believe he has been shown round 

Seen as everyone else seems to hate him for his reaction to a pretty dire and untrue chant - I’ve decided I’ll become his biggest fan #welcomehomesharp#10

Cant wait till he scores 25 goals and the goal to send us up. 

8 minutes ago, alram said:

yes, a perfect situation to build a squad from scratch.

my frustration is we are no better off than we were then as we will be in the exact same situation next summer unless we go up

i would just like to see us build a long term squad instead of throw one together thatll be dismantled at the end of every season

I agree. But, last year I don’t think we had a choice. This summer, we have and we’re still signing 30+ year olds. If the rumours of Sharp are true then his help us. Warne says one thing then does another in terms of recruitment. 

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ve got some info from a good mate who works in a senior role at a championship club that I’ve held off sharing as it could be reassuring and could (probably will) be interpreted negatively by some. I will be deliberately vague because I want to protect that relationship AND as yet I haven’t seen the situation he claims play out.
However, he said we were in talks to sign a highly rated young forward player on loan from this club (positive), but the player is now going somewhere else instead (that’s the negative). I’ve known this fella over 25 years and have no reason to believe he’s winding me up, but also there’s been no young player leave said club on loan in the past week. He didn’t give me a name for the player but said he reckons he’d top score in this league. I’ve been waiting to see who leaves on loan to figure out who it is.

Why mention it now? It at least suggests we are trying to sign younger players than those linked in the media. It also suggests there’s still some work being done quietly in the background that isn’t being leaked as there’s been no links between Derby and this club so far this summer. Thinking on it now, it could also fit Warne’s comments about a deal almost being done and things changing. 

Will be Jay Stansfield, going to Reading.

10 minutes ago, alram said:

yes, a perfect situation to build a squad from scratch.

my frustration is we are no better off than we were then as we will be in the exact same situation next summer unless we go up

i would just like to see us build a long term squad instead of throw one together thatll be dismantled at the end of every season

I don’t often agree with your negativity but in this regard I do. 

There’s no guarantees we will go up no matter who we sign. But almost every signing in the last 3 windows has been old players with no sell on value. 

Would much rather have gone for the younger players that were free like Bernard and Smith etc. even if we didn’t go up or work out they would still have value for a nominal sale. If they did do well they could be worth millions.

Hopefully this is the last window we will need to get free old has beens in to make up a team

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

1. Fulham aren't in the Championship

2. He's already had a L1 loan and scored 9 times last season, so to say he'd be top scorer in L1 would be a real stretch.

3. Good guess though 😬

Sorry, didn’t realise it was championship 

18 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I don’t often agree with your negativity but in this regard I do. 

There’s no guarantees we will go up no matter who we sign. But almost every signing in the last 3 windows has been old players with no sell on value. 

Would much rather have gone for the younger players that were free like Bernard and Smith etc. even if we didn’t go up or work out they would still have value for a nominal sale. If they did do well they could be worth millions.

Hopefully this is the last window we will need to get free old has beens in to make up a team

Let’s forget about sale on value and get players in to get us out of this division. That will earn us additional revenue 🙄

Just listened back to Warne's Radio Derby interview after the game yesterday.

Looks like the signing in the building is Waghorn but he said hopefully one in next week too.

It's clearly not going to be Michael Smith (really not sure why we tried to get him on loan, no way would Wednesday agree to that)

Rhodes wasn't in Huddersfield's squad yesterday. But if the reports are true, the money he is on at Huddersfield is not something he wants to give up. 

I take what Nixon says with a pinch of salt. I honestly can't see us trying to sign Sharp. But we'll see I suppose.

I can't even think of anyone else we should even be in for. I know we've been linked with Godden and Ladapo but there's no chance of either in my opinion.

I've just got a feeling it might be someone we've not been linked with. 

Then there's a midfielder. I can't even think of anyone who is available or a loan possibility.

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ve got some info from a good mate who works in a senior role at a championship club that I’ve held off sharing as it could be reassuring and could (probably will) be interpreted negatively by some. I will be deliberately vague because I want to protect that relationship AND as yet I haven’t seen the situation he claims play out.
However, he said we were in talks to sign a highly rated young forward player on loan from this club (positive), but the player is now going somewhere else instead (that’s the negative). I’ve known this fella over 25 years and have no reason to believe he’s winding me up, but also there’s been no young player leave said club on loan in the past week. He didn’t give me a name for the player but said he reckons he’d top score in this league. I’ve been waiting to see who leaves on loan to figure out who it is.

Why mention it now? It at least suggests we are trying to sign younger players than those linked in the media. It also suggests there’s still some work being done quietly in the background that isn’t being leaked as there’s been no links between Derby and this club so far this summer. Thinking on it now, it could also fit Warne’s comments about a deal almost being done and things changing. 

If this said player turns up at another League 1 club, that will only reinforce my view that Warne couldn't attract a fly to a cows a******* and that his style of play isn't attractive to other clubs loaning out their younger players. No positives in that at all, all negatives.  

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If this said player turns up at another League 1 club, that will only reinforce my view that Warne couldn't attract a fly to a cows a******* and that his style of play isn't attractive to other clubs loaning out their younger players. No positives in that at all, all negatives.  

Really odd outlook that is. We've signed 8 players. All of them would have had offers from other club. A lot of them have said how after speaking to Warne they decided to choose Derby.

But if we miss out on someone then Warne can't attract a player.

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Unfortunately yes, believe he has been shown round 

Happy to be proven wrong but gut feeling is that this is one of the worst purchases in recent times and definitely the worst of the Clowes era. All the baggage aside, it’s just so obviously not the type of player we need up top.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Really odd outlook that is. We've signed 8 players. All of them would have had offers from other club. A lot of them have said how after speaking to Warne they decided to choose Derby.

But if we miss out on someone then Warne can't attract a player.

One forward player? Who we've promised to pay up money for if we go up. Maybe the forward players are more concerned with how we attack?

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You do know we’ve signed some players?  And perhaps there maybe other reasons for the player going somewhere else.  Such as his parent club insists on him starting if fit or something like that.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

One forward player? Who we've promised to pay up money for if we go up. Maybe the forward players are more concerned with how we attack?

Two if you coming Waghorn.

If I was a centre forward watching us with the amount of balls we put in the box I'd be thinking I would score goals. 

We created chances yesterday. We just didn't take them.

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Happy to be proven wrong but gut feeling is that this is one of the worst purchases in recent times and definitely the worst of the Clowes era. All the baggage aside, it’s just so obviously not the type of player we need up top.

Don’t you think Sharp would convert a high percentage of chances in the box ? If anyone had made a near post run yesterday we would have won the game.