Summer Rumour Mill

sage

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We need a centre forward and maybe two of them - in terms of midfielders I would be playing combinations of Bird, Hourahan, Smith, Sibley and Tompson whilst Rooney is no mug either and there has to be a root-in for the likes of Robinson - I don’t think we need another central midfielder at this point.

Not nearly enough goals in any of those midfield combinations 

Also and not aimed at you but I wish some would see Sibley for what he is and that’s a bench player at best 

he had a small purple patch under Cocu …that’s it 

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We need a centre forward and maybe two of them - in terms of midfielders I would be playing combinations of Bird, Hourahan, Smith, Sibley and Tompson whilst Rooney is no mug either and there has to be a root-in for the likes of Robinson - I don’t think we need another central midfielder at this point.

I'm sure I heard that we might look to loan Rooney out. I think if we got another centre back in then he might go out.

I think we need a midfielder. I thought we did anyway but definitely now Knight has gone.

I wouldn't mind one in on loan to allow us to loan Robinson out. Much more beneficial to him playing football week in week out than just playing in odd EFL Trophy games. Then get him back next year and see where he's at.

Looking at the squad now I’d say we need:

1 more at CB (Harding, Flint, perhaps a Prem loan)

1 at CM to replace Knight/Bielik (Brannagan at Oxford or Moxon at Carlisle seem like good candidates)

x2 strikers (Someone a bit younger perhaps. Not against giving Brown a slot on the bench, too.)

Seen a few mentioning we sign an attacking creative midfielder but pretty sure PW will play a 3-1-4-2 with a defensive midfielder rather than a 3-4-1-2 with an attacking one.

13 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Not nearly enough goals in any of those midfield combinations 

Also and not aimed at you but I wish some would see Sibley for what he is and that’s a bench player at best 

he had a small purple patch under Cocu …that’s it 

Unless you watched the academy games, then you saw him as one of the very best players in the country at his age and the reason why we rejected a £5m bid from Wolves at the time. 

I’ve watched a lot of academy football over the past decade and I’ve seen very, very few players who were close to him at his age. I think anyone who watched him come up has a similar opinion. The fact we haven’t been able to develop him further is sickening - he had all the tools to be such a special player. I still hold out hope that we, and he, can turn it around but it’s a big year. 

30 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I don't think his development is entirely down to the club. The player has to work at it too. Sometimes players just don't go on to fulfil early promise and that's it. There is still time for Sibley. I don't think he is as strong physically as he could be. He can work on that very easily  

I think Sibley's main issues are cognitive rather than physical

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Looking at the squad now I’d say we need:

1 more at CB (Harding, Flint, perhaps a Prem loan)

1 at CM to replace Knight/Bielik (Brannagan at Oxford or Moxon at Carlisle seem like good candidates)

x2 strikers (Someone a bit younger perhaps. Not against giving Brown a slot on the bench, too.)

Seen a few mentioning we sign an attacking creative midfielder but pretty sure PW will play a 3-1-4-2 with a defensive midfielder rather than a 3-4-1-2 with an attacking one.

hasnt flint signed for sheff weds ?

16 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Classing them as all advanced wide men who could rotate. 

But they’re not really. We look extremely likely to be playing with 2 attacking midfields with 1 striker, then playing with wing backs. We’d have to be a shocking state for Barkhuizen to be considered for RWB. Barkhuizen is one of the two attacking midfielders as it stands. 

Don’t disagree he seems a little bit of an odd man out at the moment but Wilson has zero bearing on that. 

Edited by Srg

6 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’d sell Sibley and Barkhuizen and loan Rooney , if it generates at least 750k combined I’d take that . Neither are good enough 

Rooney is next off the rank for RFB or CB happy to see Barks go but not Sibley he is cover for LWB . 

17 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If someone told me five years ago that Louie Sibley was going to end up being our back-up left back I would have never have believed them.

Kinda struggle to get my head around the fact that the kid that was coming through the academy, that looked like a superstar under Cocu, is in this position. 

When he scored that screamer against Blackburn, Owen Bradley on commentary said the kid is special.

I don’t think Owen would use such words carelessly. He has more insight than most of us when it comes to the academy. He would have recognized the talent.

I know it’s only a game as well, but I’ve seen videos of FM where the likes of Bielik, Bird, Knight and Sibley all end up as comfortable PL players.

The potential was always there. Lewis McGugan at Forest was another. 

Whether it’s down to application, motivation, physical strength, injuries. I don’t know which category it falls into for Sibley but I don’t think you can just pin it on the club’s dire state.

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

Classing them as all advanced wide men who could rotate. 

Wilson is a RWB, who has been signed to offer competition for that position with Ward, whislt also being able to fill in at LWB. 

Barkhuizen will continue to play in the '2' of a 3421 behind a forward.

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

IMG_1672.thumb.jpeg.838369de86671fd56d1f02aff06fb6d9.jpeg

depth chart slowly coming along, didn’t include knight because his departure now inevitable.

Bardell is a CB.

8 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

I agree for example this is unlikely but hypothetically speaking we sign Clarke Harris on a 3 year deal it would probably be £750k + extra 500k -750k on appearances or goals then maybe £1m if we get promoted.

they can quote £3-5m realistically he’s £2m tops 

No chance Peterborough only sell their main striker for 750k guaranteed.

More like £2 million, with £1m now and £1m next season, 500k on promotion, £250k on 25 and 50 appearances and a 25% sell on.

However - I’d pay that - we need the striker who guarantees us 20 plus goals and we need a creative midfielder.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wilson is a RWB, who has been signed to offer competition for that position with Ward, whislt also being able to fill in at LWB. 

Barkhuizen will continue to play in the '2' of a 3421 behind a forward.

Bardell is a CB.

You need to watch his highlights video the man can operate anywhere including WB like Ward they will be more effective than Barks.

Edited by Magicman