Summer Rumour Mill

sage

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

As someone has already said, how much of Knight’s fee will have to go on the two 🇵🇱 🤔

£0 as any money due/owed for them will already have been part of our budget whereas any incoming money for Knight & Bielik wont have

Edited by DCFC1388

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

As someone has already said, how much of Knight’s fee will have to go on the two 🇵🇱 🤔

Don't know how many times this has been addressed but repayments were already factored into budgets. Even if we didn't sell Knight and Bielik, we would have been able to pay the necessary installments and be within our limits.

Now you could make an argument about clearing debts ahead of schedule but I don't know why you would ever do that, especially when our team needs significant investment.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

200k Wilson, 500k Godden, leaving 1.3m for Brannagan?

I can see Brannigan costing a bit more than that. 2 years left and he’s arguably their best player. Probably looking more at 2m just for him 

5 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I can see Brannigan costing a bit more than that. 2 years left and he’s arguably their best player. Probably looking more at 2m just for him 

Possibly cost more than that, Blackpool triggered his release clause of 1.2m before he renewed so yes it could be more but I,would think we have good knowledge of what it would take to get him. Also, we have Bieliks money too.

Brannagan would be a very good replacement for Knight, but would probably cost something similar. If I’m Oxford, I’m using Knight as the benchmark. 

I’d really like to see us take a chance on Moxon - he’s exactly the type of player I would want at Derby if I’m Warne. I also like that he’s punching up and trying to carve out a living, talent and desire is a good mixture. He gets involved at every level - he’s excelled at every level. Statistically, he’s an absolute unicorn - when you consider that this is his first year in professional football and under competent coaching then you have to wonder what is the limit for him. 

The more I look into that guy, read about that guy - he’s the one I’d be banging the table for us to sign. There is quite literally nothing not to like. He would be a gamble, of course, but he wouldn’t cost £1.5m + like Brannagan. 

I’d be amazed if we were to spend >£1m on any player in this window.

Despite being told we have a good budget and player sales aside, we are still operating under a business plan and being ran as a very tight ship by all accounts.

Ipswich spent £1m on Nathan Broadhead in January and that was seen as somewhat an anomaly.

It’s very rare that kind of cash is seen being spent in League 1.

33 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Tbh 

250k for Wilson 

£300k + add ons godden 

£750k-900k rising to £2m on add ons 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Why should, objectively speaking, Oxford take less for Brannagan than we took for Knight?  

Age, higher level experience and generally having been regarded a hot prospect. Brannagan made a couple of appearances as a kid for Liverpool but hasn’t been above League 1 since. Knight is 5 years younger and has over 100 appearances at a higher level. 

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I could be wrong, but hasn't Brannigan made it clear he wants to leave Oxford, I feel like there has been a fall out.

Not as far as I’m aware, signed a new three(four?!) year deal last summer but I guess they did have a bad year and change of manager?

Just now, S8TY said:

With the team being away in Spain will this mean no signings until PW is back ?

I was wondering that last night. Warne did say in one of the earlier interviews this summer that a player is identified by him and the recruitment team then it’s Pearce (maybe supported by the recruitment bloke) who sorts the financial side. So it’s perhaps still feasible that Kane Wilson (as an example) could sign and fly out to join the pre season camp. Deal done in Derby, fly him out to Spain, press bit done on arrival and announcement made in due course.
Maybe the medical would be a stumbling block? However there must be some medical staff left in at moor farm for Washington and Barkhuizen to be recovering, right?