Summer Rumour Mill

sage

15 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Be nice if we could un-earth a bit of low cost talent from europe maybe...we really do need to broaden our searches 

I remember signing Marco Reich and had never heard of him prior 

And? Do you remember how successful he was here? If you want an example of low cost European talent that did well, try Jacob Laursen or Ronnie Willems

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Just watched Collins interview with ramstv says he’s spoken to a couple players who he expects to come in. Putting 2+2 together Sonny Bradley and Mark Harris spring to mind 

Collins is a happy dude, eh ?!😂 All smiles…

Not complaining…. 

17 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

And? Do you remember how successful he was here? If you want an example of low cost European talent that did well, try Jacob Laursen or Ronnie Willems

Branko Strupar ? , yep liked Willems a lot although slightly underwhelmed when we signed him he was a clever player 

I also remember being underwhelmed when signing Mikkel Beck and .......was one of our worst signings... to put it mildly lol !!

14 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Branko Strupar ? , yep liked Willems a lot although slightly underwhelmed when we signed him he was a clever player 

I also remember being underwhelmed when signing Mikkel Beck and .......was one of our worst signings... to put it mildly lol !!

Not as bad as Bjørn Otto Bragstad…..there were local lads playing down the Racecourse who were better then him! 👍

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Does seem odd, although they could give him away for free a la Collins.

Didn’t sound like that would be the case as he’s done well for Rotherham prior to his injury. Collins signed on good money and flopped at Cardiff, so they just wanted his contract off the books. Washington won’t be on great money either. 

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Not confirmed as Washington btw, I’m just assuming it’s Washington as I was told he was ‘close’ 

Would genuinely be more intrigued by your semi-educated guess of Andy Dallas

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Didn’t sound like that would be the case as he’s done well for Rotherham prior to his injury. Collins signed on good money and flopped at Cardiff, so they just wanted his contract off the books. Washington won’t be on great money either. 

Why would we want 'another' Collins? I suppose there's not much choice.

7 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

I think people may be writing the season off a little early.  Warne himself has said that top two is the aim.  And if Warne is unable to recruit good players to the club why on earth was he brought in to replace Rosenior (who at the very least did prove he could do that)?

I think a lot of people will have looked at Warnes tactics from last season and decided that recruitment and motivation must be his strengths.  If recruitment proves to be a dud what are we left with?

Motivation.

IMG_0642.png