Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

45 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Rumour of Reading FC having to off load high earners in their squad with bills to pay. We are linked with 31yr old Andy Yiadom a defender who is a current Ghanaian international.

He might need a reality check re: earning potential if he comes here.

31 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Seen a few players possibly up for transfer/loan

Pritchard Sunderland

Murphy Oxford

Idah Norwich

Murphy is permanently injured according to Oxford fans so no thanks.

Based on the team I've suggested for the Peterborough match:

Wildsmith

Rooney   Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Smith   Hourihane

Mendez-Laing   LThompson   Washington

Waghorn

Subs: Vickers, Bradley, Elder, Forsah (?), Sibley, Barkhuizen, Collins

Looking at that team, I would only be looking for: a RB (short term if just RB/RWB, or season long if they also cover LB/LWB), and a left winger to move Barkhuizen to his favoured right (ideally someone who can also play centrally and/or on the right)

RB - Fankaty Dabo could be an option but would probably only join if viewed as a starter for the rest of the season.

Steven Sessegnon is probably the beet option, since he could sign with a view to establishing himself as first choice LB

LW - Tarique Fosu would be a very good option. Not quite good enough for the Championship but has a decent record in L1. Also covers both AM and RW. Likely to demand high wages and looking for a Championship club.

Josh Martin is only 21 but had a good minutes per goal contribution record on loan at Barnsley last season. Based on being on low wages, I would take a punt on him being a useful squad player.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

If we aren't all over this, then I have no idea what we're playing at.

Seems a good shout, everything we could do with....height (ive read he is 6ft 4), pace & strength. Only question is do we want another young attacker on loan after TJJ signing....

On 02/08/2023 at 11:43, Flying Fokker said:

CCFC Season ticket holder/ Follow Rams from a distance having been born Derby.  

Waghorn…Save your money.  He’s not going to do anything to justify paying his wages.

Godden….Sky Blues need to keep him.  If he moves to you, don’t expect a hatful of goals, but a player who creates and takes players away from your main striker.  As I say, he should remain in Coventry as he’s a grafter.

I haven't read this thread since start of the August and this was the first post I pumped into.

An absolute snip for free I'd rather say...

Can someone enlighten me please on how I  respond to posts such as the above where someone has quoted a previous post and replied to it . In Raich Carter’s post, I would know how to include “went to  Chello etc” in my response but I can’t figure out how to also include the original post from EraniosSocks.I’ve not explained it well but hopefully you’ll get the gist.

Edited by Arsene Titman
Clarity

7 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Can someone enlighten me please on how I  respond to posts such as the above where someone has quoted a previous post and replied to it . In Raich Carter’s post, I would know how to include “went to  Chello etc” in my response but I can’t figure out how to also include the original post from EraniosSocks.I’ve not explained it well but hopefully you’ll get the gist.

You need to 'Multi-Quote'. There's a + button next to 'Quote' - you need to click that on all of the posts you want to include.

13 minutes ago, Scott129 said:
22 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

You need to 'Multi-Quote'. There's a + button next to 'Quote' - you need to click that on all of the posts you want to include.

Or highlight all and click on the quote box which pops up

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Do we think we’re done in the transfer market for this window?

or based on anything PW has said (that iv missed) do we think there could be a final arrival today ? 

Warne said post match on the weekend he would be working to make a couple more additions and keep hold of everyone. Whether that happens or not is a different story 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

The quote taken from the club website is;

On the upcoming week ahead of the Transfer Deadline...

“They players got Monday off because they scored off a set-piece and over the course of the week we'll try and improve the starting eleven if we can and try and keep everyone in the building.”

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/08/post-match-verdict-paul-warne-vs-peterborough-united-a-august-2023