Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

6 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I went to watch Pafos FC last night, they've got some decent players:

Jairo - Brazilian striker

Moustapha Name - Cameroonian midfielder

One player who stood out though was Onni Valakari (son of Simo) - an attacking midfielder and Finnish international.

I appreciate the levels of the league are different but I doubt they are that far apart these days. 

Anyway I'm not suggesting we sign these players but I was wondering if anyone else had watched some summer football abroad and been impressed by a relatively unknown player?

Went and had a look in the club shop the other week...the Jako quality was so much better than Umbro...

Anyway...Sunday Adetunji for FK Shkupi in Macedonia.  Free agent now but no chance of a permit.

What about taking a gamble on Matty Stevens from Forest Green Rovers.

25 years old, 5'11 former boxer, scored 27 goals in their 21/22 promotion season, before missing most of last season due to an ACL injury.

Back fit now and off the mark for FGR yesterday.

20230813_073444.jpg

24 minutes ago, Carnero said:

25 years old, 5'11 former boxer, scored 27 goals in their 21/22 promotion season, before missing most of last season due to an ACL injury.

20230813_073444.jpg

If he would cost money then he's probably not going on the list

57 minutes ago, Carnero said:

20230813_073444.jpg

He was brilliant in their promotion season,  as was Kane Wilson, tbf.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Keanu Baccus

Recently turned down a move to Bolton (not that I play him). Decent player. One of two good Aussie's going a bit under the radar in the SPFL at the moment (Kye Rowles being the other one). 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Recently turned down a move to Bolton (not that I play him). Decent player. One of two good Aussie's going a bit under the radar in the SPFL at the moment (Kye Rowles being the other one). 

I think the move broke down over personal terms, which is a surprise as I imagine he is on less than £2k pw at St Mirren.. 

On 15/08/2023 at 09:54, Nuwtfly said:

Think Bolton agreed a £300k deal with St Mirren for Baccus. 

I suspect he'll be championship bound either in this window or the next. 

Few midfield options we should look at,

Elliott Watt, last year of his contract, 23 years old bags lots of assists. (Ik he’s been mentioned may times already)

Owen Moxon, could say exact same as Watt except he’s 25 and gets more goals.

on loan then,

Joe Hodge from wolves great technical player aswell as very hard working. Also a leader as he’s captain of Ireland u21 and has captained wolves u21 side. 

Cameron Peupion from Brighton, highly rated by Brighton, which is usually a good sign. An attack minded midfielder who could help us with creativity and goals from midfield.

Edited by Eoghan1884