Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Warn tried his best with players he had to work with he not had a chance bring in players he wants too come into the club.

You have told me to trust you. a couple of times this week that we would be going up. What happened? Can I ever trust you again? If so, why? Please explain.

23 minutes ago, jono said:

The reason is .. on the balance of resources and opportunities available we are a 7th placed side. The fact that better teams beat us isn’t an issue, that’s what happens. If we had beaten them we wouldn’t be 7th .. it’s a fact of life, it reflects our top trumps  hand. Trying to make some pseudo scientific theory about it just about sums up the level of your intellect. Oh a Modeo won’t beat a Type R civic at 0-60 .. well I never. Top sides beating sides lower in the pecking order ? Wow ! Such insight. 

Exactly. 

Didzy is prime example really. Scored a phenomenal number of goals. Had a great season. However, we would have been a better team if it wasn’t a necessity to play him every single game through the lack of any other option.

Fact is, others strengthened in January from a position of strength. Our cupboard was already bare and we couldn’t add to it to boot. 

It’s the hand that we were dealt. 

I think we probably should have hung onto the play offs, but in all honesty, I didn’t give us a prayer of Wembley let alone winning there anyway. So, let’s bow out now and get moving on the summer plans. 

Edited by Srg

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

There's no 'might' about it - it is a failure. Warne quite rightly admits as much in his post-match interview (link below - about 4 mins in & end of interview also) & had been making similar comments in the past few weeks.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/05/sheffield-wednesday-a-reaction-paul-warne

Rosenior's last game in charge left us in 7th place, outside the playoffs on goal difference. When Warne was appointed to much fanfare from the club referencing his promotion record, no-one would have regarded finishing in the same position as success.

Your point about fine margins appears to absolve Warne of any responsibility for this late season collapse. His job is to get results, he has not done so & the timing very much correlates with playing better teams. We haven't been good enough over his stint in charge & he in particular has not been good enough. This season has been a missed opportunity.

image.png.a7f452341d2bb41b50b2e4a5937aae29.png

I feel like you have let yourself down here. We’ve missed out on the play-offs by a point, not ten. Calling it a failure is sensationalism.

You’ve long been considered one of the most respected and most measured posters on the forum, but in recent months it seems you have abandoned that sense of balance and perspective previously held.

You’ve been on a singular mission to discredit the manager, diminish any good he has done and superimpose the bad, and to what end?

Warne will be back next season and as a club hopefully we’ll have learnt lessons and be wiser and stronger after this experience. The time to be heavy handed is this time next year if Warne hasn’t moved us forward. 

Top two should be the aim.

Edited by Jourdan

8 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Good grief, you're really not taking today well are you? 

I can see you're desperately trying to turn this personal & away from the discussion at hand; Warne's performance. Always happy to discuss the football, not interested in the childish petulance. To return the advice, get over it 👍

What did Warne do wrong today 🤔

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Dave how many points do you think we have lost this season due to dodgy ref decisions . It must be 20 plus by my reckoning. I can't actually think of any the other way either. 10 penalties against  is it something like that only 1 or 2 were actually penalties. 2 disallowed goals for us(wrongly). Quite  a few penos we should have had but didn't.  Loads of offside goals against us as well. Plymouth game alone I think there were two. 

I can give you a very precise answer to that: TOO MANY.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

There's no 'might' about it - it is a failure. Warne quite rightly admits as much in his post-match interview (link below - about 4 mins in & end of interview also) & had been making similar comments in the past few weeks.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/05/sheffield-wednesday-a-reaction-paul-warne

Rosenior's last game in charge left us in 7th place, outside the playoffs on goal difference. When Warne was appointed to much fanfare from the club referencing his promotion record, no-one would have regarded finishing in the same position as success.

Your point about fine margins appears to absolve Warne of any responsibility for this late season collapse. His job is to get results, he has not done so & the timing very much correlates with playing better teams. We haven't been good enough over his stint in charge & he in particular has not been good enough. This season has been a missed opportunity.

image.png.a7f452341d2bb41b50b2e4a5937aae29.png

Can you please explain how you factor in the controversial penalty decisions awarded against us at Bristol Rovers and today in particular. Without those ridiculous decisions we would not be having this discussion.

20 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Good grief, you're really not taking today well are you? 

I can see you're desperately trying to turn this personal & away from the discussion at hand; Warne's performance. Always happy to discuss the football, not interested in the childish petulance. To return the advice, get over it 👍

You were f****** w***

7 minutes ago, strawhillram said:

How many points have we dropped due to penalties (whether right or wrongly given)?

i make it 7 pts:

Today cost us 1pt

Bristol Rovers (a) cost us 2

port vale (h) cost us 1

shrews (h) cost us 2

Plymouth (a) cost is 1

And the disallowed goal v Ipswich and not many have mentioned the offside against McGoldrick today when he was clean through 🤔

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

And the disallowed goal v Ipswich and not many have mentioned the offside against McGoldrick today when he was clean through 🤔

I get this track on a bitter day.  But without comparing with every other teams' hard-done-by decisions I can't see where this is headed.  I console myself that 7th looked good at the season's start and I doubt we are equipped for promotion for another year even if we made the play-offs.  This season has shown we'll be back.  Have a great summer!

13 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

At least next season dull folks will no longer be able say ‘at least we still have a club, we only had 5 players at the start of the season blah buckin blah …’

How does observing the facts of where we were last summer make people dull? 
It is a contributing factor to how we’ve done this season, as is the good form when we went unbeaten, and the bad form when we couldn’t buy a win, and the poor finishing, and the good finishing, and the rubbish goals we’ve conceded, and the clean sheets, and the poor officiating, and the slices of good luck, and so on and so forth. 

You’re right in that next season it will be less of a factor, people referencing it this season is entirely relevant. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

20 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I screamed at the TV in the pub when they froze it...I'd forgot about that Jimbo...thanks for the reminder 😬

Robbed of an opportunity to have a fair chance at scrapping for 6th. Just another s**** decision against us. It’s a soft penalty but never a red. 

Better team until that decision, also played pretty well with 10. 

Proper shame we were allowed to have a go at Wednesday in the play offs because there was nothing between us. Bit more quality from Bird and NML and we’re in. I’m 

Don’t mind another year down here because there’s plenty more away trips to tick off but hopefully we can make sure incompetent refereeing doesn’t affect our season next year.

Up the Rams.