How will Derby's season end?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. How will Derby's season end?

• Finish outside the play offs
    • Lose in the play off semis
    • Lose in the play off final
    • Win the play offs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/04/23 at 13:05

Anyone else noticed a familiar pattern this season? Just like the Rowett and Lampard seasons, we've:

• Started slowly
  • Surged up the table
  • Threatened the automatic places
  • Lost form heading towards spring
  • Fall outside (or come very close to falling outside) the play off places right towards the end
  • Rediscovered some form and snuck into the play offs at the death (fingers still crossed on this one)

Those seasons obviously didn't end as planned. The question is, do you think this year will be different?

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This season feel more like the Lampard one, where we had a late resurgence.

Rowett - won 4 in last 16 games (2 in last 6)

Lampard - we were unbeaten in the final 6 games (2 wins in 10 before that)

Warne - currently 4 unbeaten with 2 games still.to play (3 wins in 11 before that)

5 unbeaten*

39 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think we'll just about make the play offs, but we're in trouble if we have to play Ipswich, Plymouth or Barnsley in the semis. I can't see us beating them over two legs.

I think we've got an outside chance of getting to Wembley if we face a demoralised Wednesday in the semis. 

Barnsley I can give you, but if either of those other two miss out to Wednesday surely they will be equally demoralised?

5 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Barnsley I can give you, but if either of those other two miss out to Wednesday surely they will be equally demoralised?

Fair point. I just think they'd still be far too god for us to handle them. Wednesday have had a bit more of a "collapse" at the wrong time, and I'd fancy us a bit more against them. Still think we'd probably lose over two legs though.

52 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think we'll just about make the play offs, but we're in trouble if we have to play Ipswich, Plymouth or Barnsley in the semis. I can't see us beating them over two legs.

I think we've got an outside chance of getting to Wembley if we face a demoralised Wednesday in the semis. 

I fancy us to beat Plymouth tbh. They only just got past us at their place when we were in the doldrums of our poor form and look shaky at the back. I could see us in a 3-4-3 beating them at home and the pressure gets to them at their place. I don't fancy us against Barnsley though. If we play them we won't progress any further.

22 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I fancy us to beat Plymouth tbh. They only just got past us at their place when we were in the doldrums of our poor form and look shaky at the back. I could see us in a 3-4-3 beating them at home and the pressure gets to them at their place. I don't fancy us against Barnsley though. If we play them we won't progress any further.

At home we beat them 2-1 in the League and 3-0 in the cup. We lost 4-1 away in the League.

Play-offs are a bit of a one-off. They are cup ties and anything can happen, so I wouldn’t be so certain about dismissing our chances. 

16 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

At home we beat them 2-1 in the League and 3-0 in the cup. We lost 4-1 away in the League.

Play-offs are a bit of a one-off. They are cup ties and anything can happen, so I wouldn’t be so certain about dismissing our chances. 

👏 exactly this. Let’s get there first then we stand the same chances as whoever else we face 

Gone with a playoff semi defeat, just don't think we've got enough against majority of the teams up there with us. If you offered that at the beginning of the season with where we was you'd of taken it. 

Personally I'd take a couple of seasons down here, get financially straight with no restrictions, hopefully push a few more solid players through from the youth and find some cheap talent that can grow with us. Enter the championship with solid foundations like Sunderland have and challenge straight away.

I have gone with a semi defeat, if we are to get there.  In my gut I just can’t see us scoring enough over the two games.  Out of the teams my choice would be SW for the best chance of beating my glass half empty prediction.

IF we were to get to the final, I would hope that we would get a decent ref, and with VAR we might do better, due to the “dark arts” being more under scrutiny…