Points Deduction, Who's Next And When Will It Stop?

ram59

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

It’s been reported that the players have been paid in full and the rest of the staff have received a portion of their wages with the balance to be paid on Tuesday.

Kinda disgusting that the staff, the ones who most likely need their money as they earn maybe what a player earns in 3 weeks in a year, are the ones not getting paid in full.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Kinda disgusting that the staff, the ones who most likely need their money as they earn maybe what a player earns in 3 weeks in a year, are the ones not getting paid in full.

I agree. Any player who's agreed to sign for Reading in the last 3 years who hasn't squirreled away enough money to see them through a couple of months of non-payment should sack his advisers for sleeping on the job. None of this is surprising.

21 minutes ago, Srg said:

Non-payment of players gets you a points deduction. Non-payment of everyone else gets you nothing.

Paying the staff 50% or whatever the figure is just before Christmas is an absolute scandal. If I were one of the players I'd be looking to put a fund together to help out the staff at Christmas. 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Non-payment of players gets you a points deduction. Non-payment of everyone else gets you nothing.

Paying the staff 50% or whatever the figure is just before Christmas is an absolute scandal. If I were one of the players I'd be looking to put a fund together to help out the staff at Christmas. 

Until those that run our game...the EFL 😡 very little will change, Clubs pay advisers to look for loopholes in contracts whether they are successful is down to how good the EFL😡 are at their job, I'll go to my grave despising the EFL😡 and those who fecked us over, And that goes for the rabble that were our Admin 😡

Reading players SHOULD put their hands in their pockets to help out the Staff leading upto Xmas...but I doubt it, Those at the top will survive comfortably, Those at the bottom will struggle😒

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Reading fans have started a gofundme page, £390 raised as last night.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Going to a new level...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67687142 

Be challenging to stay up with a 141 point deduction.

BREAKING NEWS

After discovering Derby County got away with it too leniently with a 21 point deduction, the EFL have imposed an additional 120 point deduction effective immediately 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67763259

A few highlights from the article suggest the EFL is going soft. I thought they set a precedent with our treatment ?

The EFL recommended he be banned from all football activity for 12 months but an independent disciplinary commission opted against enforcing it.

The EFL said it did not feel another sporting sanction against Reading was appropriate in this case as they were taking direct action against the owner.

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

It all seems a bit strange. I can see that putting us into administration triggers an automatic 12 points, but our accounting methodology went to an IDC and they recommended a 100k fine. The EFL didn’t accept their ruling.

It’s not strange, it’s just further proof that the EFL wanted to make an example of us.

13 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Agreed, but I was referring to the EFL’s treatment of Reading not being in line with their own precedents.

I think the difference is, where MM was actively trying to sell the club, the Reading owner has displayed an intransigent attitude towards the EFL and indeed towards the club itself.

His last two clubs were liquidated and it looks like he has lost interest in Reading.

The EFL don’t want to lose a club with the independent regulator looking over their shoulder.