V Cheltenham (H) 19.45 28th February

Boycie

12 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Depressed as missing yet another midweek game because of being away with work, but at least can always guarantee that the positivity of the dcfcfans commentary team will cheer me up. 

As 14 year old stole a car and smashed into a house at the weekend, 2 houses to be demolished, Grampion Way now closed off...the bus service in Sinfin has been cut at our end, A mile and a half walk to get the bus...sod that.

Great we're ahead. Disappointing from the radio commentary that the ref is as bad as the men. Two minutes injury time is a joke. However, had we been more streetwise we could have got one of their players sent off, but we have not. You have to engineer these advantages. 

It sounds as if this midfield is too disjointed and not working, and Hourihane and White are doing the same job. 

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Ok, ok, I know....we still have a club and we should always be thankful for that.

I know, I know we're winning...

...but...but...

We're a bit rubbish aren't we?

Don’t let the happy clappers see that. The angry faces will be out. We’ve been amazing and we’re winning, what’s wrong with you?

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t care about Cheltenham. We’ve been crap for about the 5th game in a row. Only a bit of magic has us ahead.

We’re in a poorer patch compared to the brilliant run we were on. Having that extra bit of quality helps, being solid and unspectacular to stop the rot and potentially make up for Bird’s absence is necessary. So long as we keep picking up points to stay in the playoff hunt I don’t mind the dip in form….so long as we pick up again sooner rather than later! 

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Great we're ahead. Disappointing from the radio commentary that the ref is as bad as the men. Two minutes injury time is a joke. However, had we been more streetwise we could have got one of their players sent off, but we have not. You have to engineer these advantages. 

It sounds as if this midfield is too disjointed and not working, and Hourihane and White are doing the same job. 

Yeah midfield isn’t great tonight, we seem to be bypassing them a little to play it down the channels for Dobbin and NML, Bird controls things a bit more and we’re missing that. However the goal came from Hourihane’s whipped cross in, if he and White can work out when one of them should sit and the other push on we’ll control this far better and win comfortably

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t let the happy clappers see that. The angry faces will be out. We’ve been amazing and we’re winning, what’s wrong with you?

We’ve been poor-ish, and we’re winning, it’s possible for both things to happen. Doesn’t make anyone a “happy clapper” to observe that, no more than it makes anyone a “wrist slasher” to want improved performances. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We’re in a poorer patch compared to the brilliant run we were on. Having that extra bit of quality helps, being solid and unspectacular to stop the rot and potentially make up for Bird’s absence is necessary. So long as we keep picking up points to stay in the playoff hunt I don’t mind the dip in form….so long as we pick up again sooner rather than later! 

Exactly, I remember when we went up in 96. We had a great team and an amazing run of results, however after we lost to Sunderland we had a very rocky spell where we we’re poor before we picked up again.

This stuff happens, as you say. We can’t be at our best all season. Especially with such a small squad and the constraints we have.