Random Derby County Presence

Ellafella

I was in Cornwall a few years back in a beach bar - think like a two-story hut with a couple of tables on top of it. My family were sat on one table, and there was a lone gentleman sat on the one next to us. No-one else around.

Derby were playing at the time so I checked the score and Waghorn had just scored. I celebrated a little, told the people I was with, and this guy leaned in and was like "have we just scored?" Turns out he was from Allestree ?

I just thought it was bizarre that we were so far away from Derby and the only other guy there happened to be a Ram too!

Went for a slash in public bogs in a resort on Majorca.  Must have been early 2000's

There on the 40 year old hand dryer was a nigh on 30 year old Rams sticker!  Summat about being champions of England.

I reckon Cloughie himself might have left that there, given the location.  It may not have been the worlds oldest sticker, but it was in the top one!  

Anyway... I came out, asked Muckerette for her camera, and went straight back in...

Well you just don't think do you!  ?
Anyway, the photo soon put a stop to all her sordid little accusations, etc, etc... 

Edited by Mucker1884
got dates wrong!

42 minutes ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I was watching a film recently called Another Year, a Mike Leigh film. Some of the characters in it were Derby fans and a couple of scenes had a house with Rams pictures on the wall. Only one character actually had the right accent though! 

That's the one they filmed round The Cavendish I think.

I was in a god-forsaken place called Bolgatanga in northern Ghana a few years ago and some local lads were playing football ( no grass, no boots, pitch like concrete, temperature in the 30s) and one of them was wearing a very old and dirty and worn Rams shirt. I had to leave before I had the chance to ask him where on earth he had got it.