Genuine question. Am I being a prude???

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Look can I suggest take her to under 18 game or under21s games at large crowds might be to much for her if it is her first game.

Hmm Yeah... I think she'd enjoy the atmosphere of a first team match though to be fair.

Don't get me wrong... I think 10, maybe even 8 or 9 upwards it all becomes much of a muchness and something for them to find amusing. I just think the family bit should be for the proper little 'uns... I'd prefer them to be meeting Rammie and Ewie, not Effin and Jeffin.

22 minutes ago, Skin em Ted said:

Hmm Yeah... I think she'd enjoy the atmosphere of a first team match though to be fair.

Don't get me wrong... I think 10, maybe even 8 or 9 upwards it all becomes much of a muchness and something for them to find amusing. I just think the family bit should be for the proper little 'uns... I'd prefer them to be meeting Rammie and Ewie, not Effin and Jeffin.

I get that really really I there are times I get young kids near me I do say to them.i try not let things slip but are some who say they are fine with I had young lad near me only 8 years old but thoroughly enjoying chants even naughty ones.

8 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So when there's 20,500 singing 'f*** the EFL', casting doubt on the ref's heritage, or chanting about Nate's wang, how does being in the family area prevent kids hearing stuff you'd rather they didn't? That was the point I was making.

That dosnt bother me, we all sing the songs at sometime, but as in my earlier post when youths keep coming out with f...... c.... when a player misses a shot or miskicks a ball, do you think that is acceptable anywhere in the ground never mind the family area.

13 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

That dosnt bother me, we all sing the songs at sometime, but as in my earlier post when youths keep coming out with f...... c.... when a player misses a shot or miskicks a ball, do you think that is acceptable anywhere in the ground never mind the family area.

Not what I've said, is it?

My very first response was that the OP needed to report the guy to the stewards or the club. No idea where you're getting the rest of your post from ?‍♂️

See below:

11 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The guy is clearly an inconsiderate dick though so maybe talk to a steward / the club and get him re-located?

Theres a family in the row in front of me in the South Stand, two boys I'm guessing are about 10 or 11 ish. When they first appeared two seasons ago I toned down my individual rants somewhat. Like @Tamworthram said, its not the songs as such, its when an individual swears excessively in earshot of young lambs.

Anyway, the two boys in front of me are brilliant, they know every song as soon as its started, I'm going, whats the words and these lads tell us straight away. All the effs and jeffs and everything. They must have uncles or older brothers up the back of D block and practice at home.

Our group have a little joke that the boys will be leading todays equivalent of the DLF by the time they're 18!

It's not just at matches though, is it? Has swearing simply taken over from "normal" language? Everywhere, every day, almost every other word. Yesterday morning we breakfasted in the Babington prior to flying back home via the Neppy. The booth next to us in the Bab was populated by a bloke and his lady. I don't think he managed a single sentence without effing, some sentences contained more than one version of the word as a noun, adjective, adverb etc. Then he made a call to a family member, he had told his lady friend that he's not on good terms with his family. The call lasted about 3 minutes and contained not a single eff or jeff. Call ended and the effing restarted with a vengeance.

He obviously knows he's doing it and chooses when, where and with whom to use the language. It amused us.

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

It's not just at matches though, is it? Has swearing simply taken over from "normal" language? Everywhere, every day, almost every other word. Yesterday morning we breakfasted in the Babington prior to flying back home via the Neppy. The booth next to us in the Bab was populated by a bloke and his lady. I don't think he managed a single sentence without effing, some sentences contained more than one version of the word as a noun, adjective, adverb etc. Then he made a call to a family member, he had told his lady friend that he's not on good terms with his family. The call lasted about 3 minutes and contained not a single eff or jeff. Call ended and the effing restarted with a vengeance.

He obviously knows he's doing it and chooses when, where and with whom to use the language. It amused us.

Did you get time to eat your breakfast ?

14 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

My daughter was 8 when I first took her. We had to change some of the words. The referees a wombat. If you don’t flippin bounce. Etc. 

Now at 25 she's got an appointment to see her doctor, Receptionist asks...what's the problem...she says her Wombat is sore ?

5 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Did you get time to eat your breakfast ?

Nothing gets between a man and his Full English. Chap was so loud, every word was probably perfectly audible 20 yards away..... We weren't listening but had no alternative than to hear... other than moving to the other end of the Bab ? 

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

Nothing gets between a man and his Full English. Chap was so loud, every word was probably perfectly audible 20 yards away..... We weren't listening but had no alternative than to hear... other than moving to the other end of the Bab ? 

Yes, moving to the posh end of the Bab would have sorted it. ?

30 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

I’ve told my lads the only place they can swear is at the match.

Home or school and there would be repercussions, no incidents yet and they know the full repertoire from school and derby songs already. A bit of leeway in life can be a good thing. 

Well unless they get caught caught swearing at school they could doing it on the play ground with there friends.

22 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well unless they get caught caught swearing at school they could doing it on the play ground with there friends.

Well that’s their risk if they are, they know if they get caught they’ll be missing the next Derby match / no phones or PlayStations, no football training. It’s a trust thing and I trust that they aren’t when my backs turned. I found it hypocritical telling them they couldn’t do it when thousands around them were seemingly allowed to.