Genuine question. Am I being a prude???

Can we have a no swearing and no standing area for away games ? The few I've taken my kids to have been awful. I was quite pleased for their Number 10 at Cheltenham.

Same as quite a few on here, I tell them not to repeat it or they will be in big trouble.

3 hours ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Well that’s their risk if they are, they know if they get caught they’ll be missing the next Derby match / no phones or PlayStations, no football training. It’s a trust thing and I trust that they aren’t when my backs turned. I found it hypocritical telling them they couldn’t do it when thousands around them were seemingly allowed to.  

I never did it but you sound something my mum will do. But some parents threaten it but never do it and kids know it as blind threat but I think sounds of things you will follow up on it and that is good parenting.

2 hours ago, Beetle said:

Can we have a no swearing and no standing area for away games ? The few I've taken my kids to have been awful. I was quite pleased for their Number 10 at Cheltenham.

Same as quite a few on here, I tell them not to repeat it or they will be in big trouble.

Nope cause you know that will never ever ever happen.

19 hours ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

My daughter was 8 when I first took her. We had to change some of the words. The referees a wombat. If you don’t flippin bounce. Etc. 

Same here. My daughter is 8. She's been with me to games since she was 3. My language is far cleaner when she's with me than when I'm alone. 

I use the word "fudge" for the deducted 21 points song.. ? 

On 27/02/2023 at 19:13, B4ev6is said:

Well unless they get caught caught swearing at school

I did, once, in a later year of Primary School call one of my teammates a ''w*****" (swear filter will get me, but another word for masturbator) while playing Rounders.

I got called into the headmaster's office and was asked if I understood what the word w  meant.

Of course I did  know but pretended it was just something I had heard.

It was only years later that I realised the headmaster was only following child protection guidelines!

Edited by Kokosnuss

On 28/02/2023 at 06:11, EranioIsGod said:

Same here. My daughter is 8. She's been with me to games since she was 3. My language is far cleaner when she's with me than when I'm alone. 

I use the word "fudge" for the deducted 21 points song.. ? 

Not sure that's allowed either?  It's very sugar-heavy!  ?
Can you not use "Lettuce" or "Celery" even?   

*If you're concerned about syllables, "Cress" works well.  ?