The FBI have got the Kirch!

Heisenberg

39 minutes ago, angieram said:

The EFL saw evidence of the money, just turns out it was money he'd allegedly embezzled from his company.

Presumably Quantuma saw the same evidence too.  And, as I understand it, they're duty-bound to accept the best offer for creditors, so if Kirchner's was the highest bid they basically had to accept it.  The creditors would have been within their right to sue Quantuma if they'd, for example, accepted a Mike Ashley offer for 20% less than the Kirchner bid.

16 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here...

He will hit the headlines (of sorts!), and there will be a movie based on his story, within the next decade or so.

Netflix are probably already on it. It's "Inventing Anna" only it's not a sexy socialite, it's a chubby golfer

Funny how often the "Fake It 'Til You Make It"  thing ends up "Fake It 'Til You End Up In Prison"

In all fairness, I think it's harsh to castigate those that were "taken in".
He's a pro.  It's what pros do!

They fool everyone for years, until there's enough evidence for a semi-interesting film to be made, then everyone say's "I can't believe so many fools fell for his lies/deceit" 

Professional Auditors/Administrators.
Blue Chip financial backers.
Manchester United legends and their agent.
Far East Golf Tournament Organisers.
"Soccer" fans.
Journalists.
Jet Plane Salesmen.
English Football governing bodies, and individuals therein.
Radio Talkshow panelists.
Ramtique Stock Managers (Winter Coat division).
Convicted Drink Drivers.
MPs, councillors, and local business representatives.
Probably blonde bimbo(s) too?.

I suspect the list is truly endless!

I repeat... It's what pros do!

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would still love to know what he would have done with the club had he got it.

Crazy as this sounds, Couhig and Gibbo actually helped save the club by delaying a takeover to chances.

I'm not sure that's true in that Kirchner didn't seem able to actually send the money at any point. If a deal with him had been agreed earlier, wouldn't it just have fallen through earlier giving us more time to find another buyer? 

This is just chilling - the EFL the Administrators were both going to sell us off into oblivion 

Mel Morris would still have had the stadium as well?‍♂️

This American man was a professional liar taken in thousands of people and has probably ruined just as many. Interesting that there is another American who is currently an elected senator (George Santos) who has lied about everything it seems - his name his qualifications his family history his finances and he gets to work in the Senate ?‍♂️

If nothing else, this particular chapter of Derby County’s history will make fascinating reading. Hope Ryan Conway’s book will be able to get to the bottom of the shenanigans, the charlatans, the hangers on (hello MPs and Mr Forkin) and the ambulance chasers.

How anybody other than Clowes comes out of this with any credit will be a massive shocker (and yet, just a few months later we have booing (allegedly)).  

Edited by LazloW