West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, Collins getting hammered by the fans is extremely sad to see. We're a team who can't spend a single penny on any type of fees and have to adhere to an extremely strict budget - yet the striker we signed (for absolutely nothing) within said budget who has already contributed 8 goals this season is getting s*** on by the fans. It's not like we have a ton of better options or that he's not giving his all for the club. 

I think it's safe to say with this mentality it won't be long before we're booing the players off the pitch again and hammering Clowes for not spending multiple millions in the transfer market when the restrictions are lifted. 

It feels inevitable, unfortunately. 

You don't think he's earning good wages then?

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, Collins getting hammered by the fans is extremely sad to see. We're a team who can't spend a single penny on any type of fees and have to adhere to an extremely strict budget - yet the striker we signed (for absolutely nothing) within said budget who has already contributed 8 goals this season is getting s*** on by the fans. It's not like we have a ton of better options or that he's not giving his all for the club. 

I think it's safe to say with this mentality it won't be long before we're booing the players off the pitch again and hammering Clowes for not spending multiple millions in the transfer market when the restrictions are lifted. 

It's what some supporters feel the need to do, Find a player to point the finger at for our failings, Collins cut a lonely figure on his own, Yes he's not been able to get the ball to stick to his feet but he never hid...no complaints from me ??

23 hours ago, angieram said:

All this talk of HD viewing, is anyone else actually going to the game tonight? ?‍♀️

Apart from me, @Foreveram and @B4ev6is, of course! 

Where are the East Stand refugees sitting? 

Flights, hotels et al make more than half a dozen games a season unaffordable. 2 home games thus far. Barnsley away is booked for 4 of us. Just hope now we can get tickets. It's an expensive trip too. Booked the flights with Flybe who have gone belly up so had to book with KLM now. 300 for the flight each. Put a claim in to get the Flybe money back from the credit card company... no guarantee though. Doing FGR away too. Flights and hotel booked. Again 4 of us. I know someone in the heirarchy there so we are already in. Other games this season? Possibly Wendy away and maybe Fleetwood at home. My finances will be happy to see the closed season arrive. ;)

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

You mean on here or on Twitter? He's been criticised on here (rightly so because he has been pretty poor) but not over harshly or in a personal and nasty way. 

I think he tries his best and isnt bad for league 1 but we are used to seeing much better strikers play for Derby and he is abit of a weak link in the team at times compared to the quality of most of our players if we are honest. For a lone striker his touch and link up play are a bit lacking. 

31 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

To be honest I haven't seen any fans on here hammering Collins, just fair criticism. He hasn't played well and people are mentioning it. Just because we're under restrictions and he's giving his all doesn't mean we should pretend that his game at the moment is good, because it isn't. 

38 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don’t think David Clowes would put his family business at risk “Chasing the dream” even without the restrictions.But he could make us a sound investment for a Billionaire in years to come . But for now I am not missing a £5 mill striker like Waghorn.

Only looked at a few pages rather than going through the whole match thread but I'm disappointed if there really has been criticism of Collins. I feel he works really hard for the team and cares deeply. If he misses a chance he really beats himself up. We're often too nice as a team, so having a bit of a hard man to battle up front is vital. Warne would rather play Collins and McGoldrick together and they'd be a good pairing, but right now it's mainly one or the other. Given our transfer restrictions, I'm surprised and pleased we were able to get someone so good. Though he had a decent game, battling against Premier League defenders without a lot of service.

10 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Only looked at a few pages rather than going through the whole match thread but I'm disappointed if there really has been criticism of Collins. I feel he works really hard for the team and cares deeply. If he misses a chance he really beats himself up. We're often too nice as a team, so having a bit of a hard man to battle up front is vital. Warne would rather play Collins and McGoldrick together and they'd be a good pairing, but right now it's mainly one or the other. Given our transfer restrictions, I'm surprised and pleased we were able to get someone so good. Though he had a decent game, battling against Premier League defenders without a lot of service.

You are entitled to your opinion of course.

I think Collins is making Waghorn look like Pele.

Collins is allowed to be criticised. It’s the areas where it didn’t matter he was up against PL defenders. Constantly being caught offside, coming to get the ball from an offside position, giving away free kicks for needless fouls. That’s the criticism. Can’t knock his work rate. That is great. 

A few posters mentioned how open we are in midfield last few games. For having a great defensive record, what’s happened? Cashin being out?

Premier League team beats League 1 side is no headline. Never truly expected to win but I was hoping we could've been treated to a real sizzler of a match like some of the classic underdog contests of the 90s. Realistically the gulf in quality was always gonna make that expectation unlikely. Absolutely nowt to be angry about with the team, albeit I left a wee bit disappointed.

5 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Flights, hotels et al make more than half a dozen games a season unaffordable. 2 home games thus far. Barnsley away is booked for 4 of us. Just hope now we can get tickets. It's an expensive trip too. Booked the flights with Flybe who have gone belly up so had to book with KLM now. 300 for the flight each. Put a claim in to get the Flybe money back from the credit card company... no guarantee though. Doing FGR away too. Flights and hotel booked. Again 4 of us. I know someone in the heirarchy there so we are already in. Other games this season? Possibly Wendy away and maybe Fleetwood at home. My finances will be happy to see the closed season arrive. ?

Are you in hospitality? We are. Took a lot of persuading to let us in as it's usually home supporters only (which we sort of are!)