Return of the away singing block

therams69

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

One song I am struggling spirt in sky one just cant get hang of it.

The lyrics are a little complicated but it is a catchy tune, with the two new drummers at the back of the South stand. Refers to the 2 League titles won in the early 1970’s. Florist fans can’t call US out for”Living in the past”.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

The lyrics are a little complicated but it is a catchy tune, with the two new drummers at the back of the South stand. Refers to the 2 League titles won in the early 1970’s. Florist fans can’t call US out for”Living in the past”.

Agree catchy one I just wish it was a bit more simpler one.

On 02/01/2023 at 12:29, Boycie said:

The chant sheets given out at a game the other season seemed to go down well?

How did you not get a warning for trolling?

I work full time but the other mods are lounging about all day and should have picked you up on this.

10 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

How did you not get a warning for trolling?

I work full time but the other mods are lounging about all day and should have picked you up on this.

It was a training post.

You passed, I expected that.

The rest? Waiting for the boss to pick up on it up before posting an opinion. ?

You were always my favourite. ?

Edited by Boycie
Watch em deny it.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It was a training post.

You passed, I expected that.

The rest? Waiting for the boss to pick up on it up before posting an opinion. ?

You were always my favourite. ?

Ill buy you a pint in the Merlin on Sunday. Or don't you go to Cup games any more?

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Ill buy you a pint in the Merlin on Sunday. Or don't you go to Cup games any more?

If it’s not included in my ST then unfortunately i’m busy.  Although, I might schedule a break during church to log on to RamsTV.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Was last night the first away game with the singing section? How was it? It sounded load on Rams TV.

I went and I don't think you could tell where the actual singing block was - the whole stand was loud.

It probably didn't help that a lot of people were just standing wherever they wanted.

I was stood just to right of the singing section and they did seem to start a lot of songs, but it certainly felt like many chants were starting organically all across the stand, singing two songs at the same time on occasions!  What impressed me was the variety of songs sung, mostly backing our team rather than the boring and witless, 'football in a library' and 'I wanna go home' chants.  Though I must admit, I enjoyed the 'who are you' chants aimed at those PV fans in the boxes who were giving us grief after they scored, so perhaps i have my boring and witless moments too.

6 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I was stood just to right of the singing section and they did seem to start a lot of songs, but it certainly felt like many chants were starting organically all across the stand, singing two songs at the same time on occasions!  What impressed me was the variety of songs sung, mostly backing our team rather than the boring and witless, 'football in a library' and 'I wanna go home' chants.  Though I must admit, I enjoyed the 'who are you' chants aimed at those PV fans in the boxes who were giving us grief after they scored, so perhaps i have my boring and witless moments too.

Wasn't a single chant about Collymore either!

On 01/01/2023 at 12:44, sage said:

It helps when songs are sung that everyone will join in with. Not everyone wants to sing about Collymore's broken leg, players having large penises or references to fighting.

The obsession that football chants need to be some long-winded “clever” affair is one of my pet peeves.

Give me long and loud renditions of; Derby, Derby... And We are Derby, Super Derby every time.

The Great Escape chant with no lyrics is a great one if done continuously and repeatedly and peppered with “Derby!” at the appropriate moment. It should be our mantra like it almost became last season - save for 21points - I see this season as the great escape from League 1. The repeated and continuous song becomes a mesmerising and lifting experience especially if it has a background rhythm and beat {almost like Samba drumming} and I believe it serves to help players rise and lift the tempo of the players. Think about the psychology of music and how that affects behaviour- it can energise, transmit energy and raise spirits. The barrage of noise can have the opposite affect on the opposing team and can dampen them and raise their anxiety level. 

it just needs leadership, organisation and planning. It seemed to occur organically at Port Vale the other night so can be achieved and yes many Port Vale fans separately said biggest noise by away fans for years. Blackpool away last year was likewise a huge atmosphere.

So establish the principles and repeat them. Very notable that Man Ure and Scousers have leaders amongst the crowd who “orchestrate” and “conduct”. 

Edited by Ellafella

47 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

The Great Escape chant with no lyrics is a great one if done continuously and repeatedly and peppered with “Derby!” at the appropriate moment.

Love that, but for full effect, the timing has to be just right.

I vote Wembley, Monday 29th May, continuously for the last 37 minutes, once we're 2-0 up.  ?