Cambridge United (H) Fri 30th Dec

half time and not sure what to think really. We've had fits and starts but again what have we actually created? One cross that almost went in and another header that Smith perhaps should have converted. Cambridge have grown into the game but we still look like the better team. I still find Sibley at left back a weird choice and am not sure what Osula has to do to earn a start. Dobbin is mixed but not sure anyone can make a claim that his match performances have warranted a starting position. Also again no knight i find odd, especially when Warne's whole game plan appears to be balls out wide and cross in. Knight is that center midfield link to the attack which neither Hourihane or Bird really offer leading to a dearth of bodies in the box. We just seem to be too easy to defend against. 

Average so far. End product not there in the final third is about the summary of the first half. Cambridge look very poor, every bit a League One relegation candidate but at 0-0 anyone is a threat still. We need to up the quality of the final ball/cross second half to avoid this being a disappointing draw. Has to be 3 points against such a limited side.

HT…. Should really be winning already.

Everything is looking fine, we just seem to be lacking that urgency, quality and confidence in the final third.

Dobbin is getting into the game after a very shaky start. NML is patchy and Collins is pretty non existent closing down aside.

Theyve also done their homework on Sibbo, their right winger closing him down quickly so he’s not as influential.

We need more midfield and attacking support for McG. I’d swap Collins and Hourihane out if they don’t pick up after 10 mins.

13 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

We've got two fine left backs in foz and Roberts

I agree but we need a CB who can partner Cashin who can stay fit as Chester and Davies are both struggling to allow Fozzy to go back to LB, and  a RB imo.

I like Sibley. Sibley I like.

But, NO, Warne, NO - he is not a left back, nor will he ever make it as one.

His positioning is wrong, not just when he's up the field attacking, he's just caught out all too often. A lot of his silly fouls are because of it.

Get Hourihane off, Knight on. Or move Sibley into midfield. But get Roberts on at left back.

I can see it from here and I'm 200 miles away.

Average so far all across the board. Hourihane again flatters to deceive, was really exited by his signature, yet he has been my biggest disappointment. Struggle to see what he offers, often a passenger.

Still expect us to win the game.

Edited by DanS1992

Patchy first half, dominated without creating too many clear cut chances. Dobbin and NML are using their pace well, I don’t think they’re the two to change (if anything yet). Knight for Hourihane or one of the central strikers to give a bit more drive from midfield is the change I want to see, maybe Osula on and Sibley further up the pitch. Cambridge look poor 

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Collins needs to stick in the centre channels. That’s where he’s at his best. We’ve got others who are much better wide and Dobbin and nml putting some lovely balls across the box to no avail.

He's better with two up top and McGoldricks dropping off too deep all the time.  

Lots of nearly moments but overall we were pretty average..a couple of great balls across the box by Dobbin and NML with no one reading the game to tap in. Smith header and Dobbin early mis-hit probably our best chances but we must do more, Cambridge are a poor side, score one we could still get a hatfull.