Bolton Wanderers (A) Tues 27th Dec, 3pm KO

I'm knackered just watching that, the intensity from both sides I don't think I've ever seen a half as frantic as that. Would normally say wait for the side playing like that to tire but we're both chasing down everything so be interesting to see how second half shapes up; can't see that pace being sustained. Both sides certainly up for it.

Frantic, low quality, lot of effort, it's a good game for league 1 though.

Glad we got a bit of joy at the end of the half, think we'll grow into the second half more as Bolton were giving it the "try really really hard" all half.

We just need to not bugger it up in the first 5 minutes of the second half, which I've just cursed (sorry)

Off the ball, we were superb throughout the first half. For all their huffing and puffing and home support, we restricted them to half-chances.

On the ball, we were terrible for the first 35 minutes. Terrible decision making, hopeless lumps forward to non-existent runs in behind and Collins completely isolated up front. 

We finished the second half the better side when Sibley was able or was instructed to play 10 yards further up the pitch. Barkhuizen suddenly had someone making overlapping runs or a reason to drift inside into the half space. 

17 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I mean what the hell must Roberts be thinking with Sibley playing in your position

The majority of Bolton's attacking play seems to be coming down their right meaning Sibley is under a lot of pressure. So far he is fairing OK and getting forward plenty. 

I doubt Roberts is thinking he should be a shoe in to replace Sibs.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Cashin did well to get a shot in tbf.

It was handed on a plate to him by the oppo... but it did take him by surprise... and he was either off balance, at full stretch, or wrong footed? ?‍♂️

On target... which is always first priority... but weak enough not to worry the keeper.
I'm not dissing the lad, just for clarity, merely keeping the readers updated.  ?

Decent half considering Bolton came flying out of the blocks and are playing well. 

We’ve limited their chances, but our midfield need a get a grip on their movement. Knight is providing a physical presence and Bird is trying, but Hourihane is poor on and off the ball.

We haven’t created much, but we look threatening when we get the ball in the channels and wide areas, we need to exploit this more and hopefully NML picks up as he hasn’t looked his usual self.

Otherwise it’s alright and hopefully we can take control in the 2nd half as Bolton tire.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

What did the sky pundits think of the penalty claim ? Looked a definite foul probably in the box?

Hendrie thought it was a decent claim but started outside the box anyway. Very close either way. 

Feels like one of those that would never be given live but maybe by VAR.

Edited by Duracell

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Decent half considering Bolton came flying out of the blocks and are playing well. 

We’ve limited their chances, but our midfield need a get a grip on their movement. Knight is providing a physical presence and Bird is trying, but Hourihane is poor on and off the ball.

We haven’t created much, but we look threatening when we get the ball in the channels and wide areas, we need to exploit this more and hopefully NML picks up as he hasn’t looked his usual self.

Otherwise it’s alright and hopefully we can take control in the 2nd half as Bolton tire.

Bird is having a bloody excellent game. He is everywhere. He's putting his foot in and making himself known, one or two good passes. 

Hope Santa brings us a RB for Christmas. ?

Edited by RoyMac5