Clark Robertson

Animal is a Ram

What on earth could we possibly offer Portsmouth in our current state that would tempt them to agreeing to let him go to a playoff rival in January?

If the story was "Derby are going to try and sign him in the summer" I'd believe it, but a January move just seems like nonsense in my head?

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Always have my doubts about 'Football Insider', but the article is has Pete O'Rourke's name against it, so... ?‍♂️

I can't see Portsmouth letting their captain go to a play-off rival for nothing, and that it's just an ex-Paul Warne player link.

Hope his info is more up to date than the Rams badge on the website 

6 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Always have my doubts about 'Football Insider', but the article is has Pete O'Rourke's name against it, so... ?‍♂️

I can't see Portsmouth letting their captain go to a play-off rival for nothing, and that it's just an ex-Paul Warne player link.

Swop deal with someone maybe

7 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

And that response was

One of the things I hate about modern journalism is that editors and advertisers get very excited if readers scroll down the page, because that apparently means they are 'engaged'.

So you get these overly long stories where you have to scroll past ten long pointless paragraphs of background and history and nonsense before you finally get to the response, which was all you actually wanted to read. 

And when you do it is 'I wouldn't have thought so, no'

14 hours ago, vonwright said:

One of the things I hate about modern journalism is that editors and advertisers get very excited if readers scroll down the page, because that apparently means they are 'engaged'.

So you get these overly long stories where you have to scroll past ten long pointless paragraphs of background and history and nonsense before you finally get to the response, which was all you actually wanted to read. 

And when you do it is 'I wouldn't have thought so, no'

Welcome to the reason I got out of the advertising industry ten years ago. It was going this way and the conversation veered wildly away from how to produce advertisements that people actually wanted to look at to how to dupe, trick and ultimately force readers to scroll past things that have never and will never be relevant to them.