Torquay (H) FACR1 (Replay) Tues 15th Nov 2022

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Thrilled for Thompson also. Not been having his best season but he's had a storming first 45 tonight. We all know he has phenomenal ability. Vision and range of passing is top notch. Just needs more to his all around game

Just needs to raise his head when the ball’s at his feet. He’s become stereotypical and does the same movement every time he gets the ball, looking at the ball and not at what’s around him. Great centre of gravity for sharp turns but loses the advantage by not looking up. 

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Just needs to raise his head when the ball’s at his feet. He’s become stereotypical and does the same movement every time he gets the ball, looking at the ball and not at what’s around him. Great centre of gravity for sharp turns but loses the advantage by not looking up. 

Yes I've been saying the exact same about him ever since I first saw him play. Plays with his head down and shoulders slumped. He doesn't strike me as a supremely confident lad but he should be.

Obviously the functional benefits speak for themselves in terms of if he looks up he has a better view of whats happening around him etc. But thats not all. If he exuded a bit more confidence in his body language it would make a great deal of difference in terms of the space he would get to make his magic. Max Bird suffered a similar problem when he was a few years younger