Torquay v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Clear red. Forsyth was nowhere near. One touch to control and he has a free shot.

Forsyth was literally clearing up the ball after the pull? Think he's covering to get in an attempt at a tackle at least. But i acknowledge i might be wrong

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

“Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."

Its a red. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Academic in terms of the game but maybe mitigation to appeal and have it overturned? 

Well, it the top post is to be believed then I was wrong about the rules anyway.  Stupid rules, mind!

I wonder why we can never make it easy for ourselves?  If nothing else though, it will please the commentators.

4 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

“Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."

Its a red. 

I stand corrected. I never knew the rule was different in the penalty area than out field. Red card it is!

Needless and stupid, and very unlike Cashin, but no argument against it being a red. Of course Forsyth got there to cover, but would be have been first to it if their man hadn't been pulled back? 

Not sure why the camera and commentators were fixated on showing Forsyth in the aftermath / mentioning how he'd distanced himself from the referee.

Edited by Kokosnuss