January Window

1of4

Olosunde would be decent back up. Had a good season with Rotherham a few years back. Very quick!

Still need an option up front... and preferably one that offers something slightly different to what we've already got. If I've got the rules correct (and we get a RB on a free), we're allowed 1 more loan player in a matchday squad. A few suggestions that have got pace (I watch a lot of academy football!) and would possibly be available for loan: Mateo Joseph from Leeds, Divin Mubama from West Ham, Reyes Cleary from West Brom (watch out for this lad, he seems to be a bit of a goal machine!). One of those would do nicely.

10 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Not sure if it would be against the business plan or whether DC doesn’t want to make risky moves without the access to a crystal ball. But is there not scope for us to make a bid for a player, sign him, us pay nothing for the next 18 months and then come the end of the restrictions we can magically pay a full transfer fee as an “instalment”?

Even if, technically, it was allowed in the business plan, I feel like it would be asking for trouble from the EFL. Not worth the risk.

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Having his contract paid up or cancelled to sign another elsewhere it seems - is this the one Warne was on about ? Maybe 

Dunno.

But why didn't he re-sign for Rotherham?

"Matthew Olosunde became PNE's fourth summer signing when he officially joined the club on 1st July 2021. The defender put pen to paper on a two-year deal at Deepdale following the expiration of his contract at Rotherham United. He'd been with the Millers for two years, experiencing both promotion and relegation into and out of the Championship."

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But why didn't he re-sign for Rotherham?

"Matthew Olosunde became PNE's fourth summer signing when he officially joined the club on 1st July 2021. The defender put pen to paper on a two-year deal at Deepdale following the expiration of his contract at Rotherham United. He'd been with the Millers for two years, experiencing both promotion and relegation into and out of the Championship."

Because Preston are a bigger club than Rotherham and a league above...

I always think persistent injuries are a sign of a bad work ethic in players. You look at some of the best players, and they hardly ever pick up injuries as they look after their bodies so well. Others that don’t love football and playing tend to pick them up. Bale a prime example. 

23 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I always think persistent injuries are a sign of a bad work ethic in players. You look at some of the best players, and they hardly ever pick up injuries as they look after their bodies so well. Others that don’t love football and playing tend to pick them up. Bale a prime example. 

Fozzy's had 3 ACLs. Would you characterise him as having a poor work ethic?

I think recurring injuries are more to do with genetics and the fact that many clubs prioritise an early return from injury over the player's physical welfare.