The Sibley Enigma

sage

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

i really don't see any development in him, his temperament is poor (silly and reckless fouls) if someone came in for him think we would need to get rid.

Why does everyone go on about his temperament….I think Bird has been sent off more times than Sibley. Let’s give him a few games and if he performs he will be a real threat and positive influence on the team.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Still think Sibley will play 2 divisions higher than Bird.

Trying to work this one out, you might need to help me.

Right now, they both play in League 1, this would require Sibley to get a move to a Premier League club….and play, whilst Derby remain in League 1 with Bird right, is this what you are suggesting?

I just don’t see that happening.

Bird has also proven himself at Championship level, I would be gobsmacked if Sibley went to the Premier League before Bird was back in the Championship.

Unless you’re talking Super League here but that’s a new level of crazy talk…

2 minutes ago, David said:

Trying to work this one out, you might need to help me.

Right now, they both play in League 1, this would require Sibley to get a move to a Premier League club….and play, whilst Derby remain in League 1 with Bird right, is this what you are suggesting?

I just don’t see that happening.

Bird has also proven himself at Championship level, I would be gobsmacked if Sibley went to the Premier League before Bird was back in the Championship.

Unless you’re talking Super League here but that’s a new level of crazy talk…

If I had to hazard a guess I think Sibley will end up having a more successful career than Bird…

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Only my humble opinion, and I have only managed and coached at academy level up to u16. But I think Sibley will make it to the top end of the Championship.

So where are you placing Bird here, in League 2 then?

3 hours ago, Joe said:

i really don't see any development in him, his temperament is poor (silly and reckless fouls) if someone came in for him think we would need to get rid.

Could say that about all our youngsters. Are they better now than they were when they first broke through? Obviously the circumstances of the last couple of years and the managers they have played under haven't helped but to see them look average in League One is concerning all around. 

4 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Well I guess the combined football knowledge of Cocu, Rooney, Rosenior and Warne wasn’t enough to stop them from playing a League 2 player in almost every match for 3 seasons. 

To be fair, they are only ex players with minimal first team management, not like that have the experience of coaching up to academy U16 players.