Bart Cybulski - joined Solihull Moors (was Matlock) on loan

Kernow

So pleased to see him score. The boy needs goals and hopefully more will come, he has the potential to be a real handful. I think this loan reminds us of of the paucity and perilosness of our situation that players close to our first team are going to Matlock for game time, transfer windows not withstanding.

On 14/10/2022 at 15:04, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Matlock level is more or less the same level I played at many moons ago.  The difference between that level and League 1 is massive and even more so the championship where he played last year, Poland u21's as well.  No benefit to these moves what so ever.  What a load of pointless arse gravy. 

Coalville Town are in the NPL, the same as Mickleover. Coalville knocked Notts County out of the FA Cup yesterday at Meadow Lane. Mickleover beat our U21 side 4-0 pre-season. I don't think it'll do our youngsters any harm. There are quite a few old pros recently retired from the EFL playing at that level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/11/2022 at 21:03, angieram said:

He looks like he's finally starting to fill that frame of his, which is good to see. The jury is still out for me as to whether he has the technical ability to prosper, but it wouldn't be a great surprise to see him end up having a decent enough career along the lines of that huge lump at Brum who seemed to score quite regularly against us, but whose name escapes me.

8 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

He looks like he's finally starting to fill that frame of his, which is good to see. The jury is still out for me as to whether he has the technical ability to prosper, but it wouldn't be a great surprise to see him end up having a decent enough career along the lines of that huge lump at Brum who seemed to score quite regularly against us, but whose name escapes me.

Lukas Jutkiewicz?

Does anyone watch Matlock or follow how they're getting on closely? Looking at stats, he has one goal in five games so far. Like Jack Stretton with 2 goals in 16 games, they might not be all that good. Still early with their careers and players develop at different speeds. However, usually by 20 and 21 years old, if you're going to make it you've got established already at whatever level you're making it at.

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Does anyone watch Matlock or follow how they're getting on closely? Looking at stats, he has one goal in five games so far. Like Jack Stretton with 2 goals in 16 games, they might not be all that good. Still early with their careers and players develop at different speeds. However, usually by 20 and 21 years old, if you're going to make it you've got established already at whatever level you're making it at.

You can't just luck at games played. Minutes played is the better indicator.

Stretton for example has 2 goals and 2 assists in 592 minutes of league football at Carlisle. 1 goal contribution every 148 minutes