Best midfield in the league

Bris Vegas

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

What’s Graeme Shinnie doing these days? 

Good question. He is definitely the type of player you need in this league.

Bird, Knight & Hourihane are all good players but in my opinion better suited to the Championship and above. That's not to say they are too good for League 1 but if given time they can all dictate and control matches. It's becoming pretty obvious that you don't get that time in League 1.

I noticed on Saturday within 30 seconds of the start Knight was being manhandled on the halfway line and he was nowhere near the ball. The look on his face at the PV players physicality said it all.

Smith and Rooney may fare better which leads me to think we could see Knight or/and Bird sold in January. That's on the assumption that if we did sell them we would be able to reinvest the proceeds in 'Warne' type players.

2 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

Bird, Knight & Hourihane are all good players but in my opinion better suited to the Championship and above. That's not to say they are too good for League 1 but if given time they can all dictate and control matches. It's becoming pretty obvious that you don't get that time in League 1.

I noticed on Saturday within 30 seconds of the start Knight was being manhandled on the halfway line and he was nowhere near the ball. The look on his face at the PV players physicality said it all.

Smith and Rooney may fare better which leads me to think we could see Knight or/and Bird sold in January. That's on the assumption that if we did sell them we would be able to reinvest the proceeds in 'Warne' type players.

The trick is too keep playing your better players.  But have some horrible s******** or two on clobberin time to put one on them if the opposition start up.  We have too few of those 

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

You can’t just throw players back in.  Look how rusty Davies was 

I wasn't suggesting to throw him back in, I was just alluding to the fact he was no longer considered injured and is reportedly back in training, so he should be available for some role soon.

My original comment was about our best midfield options in general, when we have a fully fit squad to choose from. Not sure why you needed to point out their injury status as it's irrelevant, and your info is outdated.

6 minutes ago, roboto said:

I wasn't suggesting to throw him back in, I was just alluding to the fact he was no longer considered injured and is reportedly back in training, so he should be available for some role soon.

My original comment was about our best midfield options in general, when we have a fully fit squad to choose from. Not sure why you needed to point out their injury status as it's irrelevant, and your info is outdated.

Why is it irrelevant.

You want to play your fantasy team but that’s not an option.

Look at the team I suggested.

2 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

When Mason Mount had a season with us he really did look a different class. If our players are really top half Championship quality they should be doing the same in this 3rd tier , not getting dragged off every week.

27 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

When Mason Mount had a season with us he really did look a different class. If our players are really top half Championship quality they should be doing the same in this 3rd tier , not getting dragged off every week.

He did at times, not all of each game nor every game though.

9 hours ago, Jram said:

I’m surprised so many people are hoping Smith will change things. Whenever I’ve seen him, he’s looked half the player Bird is. 

I think it's more about balancing the midfield than individual quality.

Personally, I would drop Hourihane and bring in Smith or Rooney to allow Bird to play further forward, but I know that's not going to happen!

56 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think it's more about balancing the midfield than individual quality.

Personally, I would drop Hourihane and bring in Smith or Rooney to allow Bird to play further forward, but I know that's not going to happen!

I doubt Smith could play for 90 minutes and I think that applies to McGoldrick .

Hourihane is quality for me but he has to be further forward. .

Roberts has loads of energy and is another option in the centre of defense .

Warne has to get the team set up right in training this week .

The fitness level of the players needs to be assessed for completing and competing 90 minutes.

Collins will be a big miss IMO as he puts himself about.