Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

23 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Clearly you've never heard of the word ''nuance" and/or don't have the emotional intelligence to see that Rosenior was hopeful of it becoming more permanent, based on his interviews which were (IMO) those of someone who had a a slightly manic energy in his attempts to prove himself worthy of more than his current position.

It's not a position anyone would take unless they had been given some hope that their 'dreams' had a chance to come true.

If the message has been that he was only ever going to be in place until something. 'better' came along it's unlikely that he'd have continued with any pretence otherwise.

Physchology 101 ?

To be fair every single football manager, and managers in other fields, are always only in place until the owner/CEO decides that there is someone ‘better’ to take over. And sometimes the owner/CEO is right and sometimes they’re not. 

Edited by ilkleyram
English

44 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

if you can ditch your opinion, views expressed and words said at the drop of a hat and never accept responsibility for them then fair play

Case in point...

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Meh. 

Glad we have Warne. 

Long post, short edit.

This post definitely didn't originally criticise Rosenior for going for the Blackpool job at a time when Rooney made it clear he intended to stay on as manager whoever took over, whether it Kirchner/Stratford or someone else, only to ditch us as soon as someone else took us over. No siree, definitely not!

Edited by Kokosnuss

On 17/11/2022 at 19:34, Ellafella said:

Nigel did a terrific job. When he took over we were in grave danger of plummeting through several trap doors. He laid the deep foundations that saw us through and turned us around. He built the Academy. It took him 6 years of very hard graft in all. Let’s not forget this. We owe him big time and let’s face it, the Club dumped him rather unceremoniously. His assembled team/squad were then very competitive for several seasons afterwards & but for Madam Football/Lady Luck would’ve gone to the Prem under Mac. 

Credit where credit is due. 

You're conflating two points now. 

The rate of progress of improvements (which I commented on) and the improvements themselves, the former being his downfall. 

We didn't get to the Premiership subsequently not down to luck but down to our own failings - if we'd finished in the top 2 then "luck" would have had no part in the matter. 

You use the words "dumped" and "hard graft" but that's your take on the situation, doesn't mean they're the appropriate descriptors to use.

Still doesn't mean I think he did a bad job either. 

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

The rate of progress of improvements (which I commented on) and the improvements themselves, the former being his downfall. 

We didn't get to the Premiership subsequently not down to luck but down to our own failings - if we'd finished in the top 2 then "luck" would have had no part in the matter. 

You use the words "dumped" and "hard graft" but that's your take on the situation, doesn't mean they're the appropriate descriptors to use.

Have you ever built a team on a shoestring? Or coached? Or built an Academy? It’s very hard work. 
To split hairs like you do here doesn’t do your position any good. To say Nigel did all those things but it took too long is churlish beyond credibility and lacking grace. 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Have you ever built a team on a shoestring? Or coached? Or built an Academy? It’s very hard work. 
To split hairs like you do here doesn’t do your position any good. To say Nigel did all those things but it took too long is churlish beyond credibility and lacking grace. 

No because I haven't been employed to manage a Championship football team - so that statement is utterly irrelevant and totally unhelpful.

The people whom removed him from his job must also be churlish and lacking grace in your opinion then. 

Again you persist to mix up two items; the rate of pace of change and the changes themselves, so am unable to progress this discussion any further with you. 

9 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Case in point...

Long post, short edit.

This post definitely didn't originally criticise Rosenior for going for the Blackpool job at a time when Rooney made it clear he intended to stay on as manager whoever took over, whether it Kirchner/Stratford or someone else, only to ditch us as soon as someone else took us over. No siree, definitely not!

Lol. The long post would have just meant you'd continue going on and on about Rosenior being hard done to. He wa

You're saying David Clowes was responsible for treating Rosenior badly. Well I think he wasn't and we're never going to agree.

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If you're resorting now to quoting selective parts of my responses in isolation then speaks volumes about your ability to back up your own argument.

Anyway what's sauce for the goose and all that then - as soon as you resort to name calling then you've pretty much destroyed any grains of credibility you may have had in the first place. 

Ok - catch up another time. ?

14 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I've now done more bits now than Charlie Bronson. Below is my rap-sheet and that's just the last 5 year's worth ?

I'm all about peace and love now, honestly!

image.thumb.png.76d06ff438346d439604dd32a942668e.png

Norman Stanley Fletcher, you have pleaded guilty to the charges brought by these Administrators, and it is now my duty to pass sentence. You are an habitual criminal, who accepts arrest as an occupational hazard, and presumably accepts imprisonment in the same casual manner. I therefore feel constrained to commit you to the maximum term allowed for these offences: you will only be allowed to communicate with @RoyMac5for the next five years.

Edited by i-Ram

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. The long post would have just meant you'd continue going on and on about Rosenior being hard done to. He wa

You're saying David Clowes was responsible for treating Rosenior badly. Well I think he wasn't and we're never going to agree.

No, I've said I understand that Clowes was caught in a unenviable position where there was no right or wrong answer, and I don't blame him taking whatever path he chose.

My posts on the subject have only ever been about fair and equal treatment from fans, nothing to do with Clowes.

I've expressed an understanding of how the situation may feel from all involved parties which you've dismissed and taken as some sort of 'woe is Rosenior' stance when it isn't.

It's funny, I'd honestly never mention Rosenior again if other people didn't keep bringing him up with a negative spin when talking positively about Warne. Why some can't just do without doing the other I'll never know.

As for your pre-edit post the phrase "give them enough rope" comes to mind but as nobody will ever see it, there's not really much point mentioning it further.

16 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well if the cap fits old boy... 

Besides, those kind of comments are reserved for non-football related idiocy like thinking the earth is flat or that Boris Blowhard would make a great PM ?

More to the point, I've now done more bits now than Charlie Bronson. Below is my rap-sheet and that's just the last 5 year's worth ?

Was wondering why you'd been conspicuous by your absence recently ?

Should have guessed really....

17 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well if the cap fits old boy... 

Besides, those kind of comments are reserved for non-football related idiocy like thinking the earth is flat or that Boris Blowhard would make a great PM ?

More to the point, I've now done more bits now than Charlie Bronson. Below is my rap-sheet and that's just the last 5 year's worth ?

Obviously not learnt your lesson, so I'll be keeping my eyes out for you now, can't let @GboroRam have all the fun.

watching you meet the parents GIF

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Ok - catch up another time. ?

Probably not - you'll note the absence of one of your replies which contained personal insults.

If you're unable to reply with a coherent argument with the stuff your spouting then resort to childish abuse I guess now is your debating tactic. 

Don't reply back either please as not interested now in any twee or silly ripostes back from you. 

8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I recall Rush saying sacking Clough was a mistake and something he regrets like, due to not fully appreciate what a good job Clough had actually done at the time.

14 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Clearly you've never heard of the word ''nuance" and/or don't have the emotional intelligence to see that Rosenior was hopeful of it becoming more permanent, based on his interviews which were (IMO) those of someone who had a a slightly manic energy in his attempts to prove himself worthy of more than his current position.

You have to fundamentally lack much emotional intelligence to accuse people you don't know and have never met of having no emotional intelligence based on a few text based comments.

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

It's funny, I'd honestly never mention Rosenior again if other people didn't keep bringing him up with a negative spin when talking positively about Warne. Why some can't just do without doing the other I'll never know.

Lol. Again, your idea of what is a 'negative spin' amuses me the most. What you see as negative other posters see as balanced. 

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

No, I've said I understand that Clowes was caught in a unenviable position where there was no right or wrong answer, and I don't blame him taking whatever path he chose.

Why unenviable. He owns the Club he makes a decision for the best outcome. If Rosenior wasn't seen as the man to take us forward so be it. As was pointed out at the time by the Club it had a 'duty of care' to Rosenior.

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

You have to fundamentally lack much emotional intelligence to accuse people you don't know and have never met of having no emotional intelligence based on a few text based comments.

What, like you just did?

It's not 'a few text based comments' it's years of reading someone's views and seeing how they operate in online discourse.

Sure, nobody can know for a fact what someone is like without meeting them, but that doesn't mean you can't get a read on them based on the information they present online.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Again, your idea of what is a 'negative spin' amuses me the most. What you see as negative other posters see as balanced. 

Why unenviable. He owns the Club he makes a decision for the best outcome. If Rosenior wasn't seen as the man to take us forward so be it. As was pointed out at the time by the Club it had a 'duty of care' to Rosenior.

It's a negative spin when not all circumstances are taken into consideration, or not given equal weight, in order to make one thing out to be better than another.

Otherwise, it isn't a balanced view. 

Unenviable to me, I'd hate to have been in his position having to make these decisions. Pretty simple really 

12 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

What, like you just did?

It's not 'a few text based comments' it's years of reading someone's views and seeing how they operate in online discourse.

Sure, nobody can know for a fact what someone is like without meeting them, but that doesn't mean you can't get a read on them based on the information they present online.

I started using message board in 1996 and have been to a couple of big meet ups in the US with LA Rams fans. I was surprised how different  some people where when meeting them in real life.

I don't subscribe to the theory that you lose 93% of the meaning with a text exchange, but I do think it's very, very high.

Tonality, pitch, pace, body language including facial expressions are all lost and they are key elements in us getting a *read* on people.

You can indeed get *a* read, but it may well be hopelessly inaccurate.

And btw, I'm not defending @RoyMac5, I don't have an opinion. And I think you're probably right that Roseneior wanted the job. But not because you have a higher EQ than people who disagree with you.